- A red trailer was stolen from the 1000 block of South Elmwood sometime around 6:15 a.m. on Sept. 7. The trailer was stolen by a white man wearing camouflage pants and driving a white dump truck with a picture of bricks on the passenger door.
The trailer contained tools and ladders and was later recovered on the shoulder of eastbound I-290, with an unknown amount of tools and ladders missing. The estimated loss is unknown.
- A catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Harrison Street sometime during the overnight hours of Sept. 7-8. The estimated loss is $1,800.
- Someone sold a Rockford resident fake event tickets in the 700 block of Lake Street at 7:20 p.m. on Sept. 6. Police did not specify what the tickets were for. The offender was described as a white male between the ages of 22 and 25, 5-foot-6, 150 pounds and wearing light-colored jeans, a gray sweatshirt and a White Sox baseball hat. The estimated loss is $320.
- Someone was a victim of theft in the 700 block of South Lyman, sometime between 8 p.m. on Aug. 30 and 10 p.m. on Sept. 3. No details were given about the nature of the theft. Items stolen includes a men’s Rolex watch, a gold bracelet, a silver necklace, a silver bracelet, various fine silverware and a stethoscope. The estimated loss is $5,900.
- A vehicle owned by a Hoffman Estates resident was burglarized in the 100 block of Le Moyne Parkway at about 1:28 p.m. on Sept. 7. The offender stole a nail gun, Bosch electric hammer and a red Milwaukee saw. The estimated loss is $800.
- A residence was burglarized in the 900 block of South Kenilworth Avenue at about 11:10 p.m. on Sept. 8. The offender entered through an open side window and stole a PlayStation 4 Slim and a Kindle Fire tablet. The estimated loss is $350.
- A residence was burglarized in the 700 block of North Elmwood Avenue sometime between 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 5 and 7:30 a.m. on Sept. 6. The offender entered through an unlocked kitchen door within the rear porch and took a black leather Boktier purse containing two turquoise wallets with miscellaneous ID, cash, a multi-beaded coin purse, keys and a green book bag with a MacBook Pro, headphones and charging cables. The estimated loss is $2,750.
- A residence was burglarized in the 100 block of South Maple Avenue sometime between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Sept. 5. The offender used a pry tool to force open the front door to the victim’s apartment and stole a Michael Kors gold wristwatch, miscellaneous change and a 32-inch Insignia plasma television. The estimated loss is $475.
- An apartment was burglarized in the 100 block of North Lombard Avenue between 1:30 and 8:30 p.m. on Sept. 3. The offender entered the apartment through brute force to the front door and stole $10. The estimated loss due to damage is $160.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, Aug. 30- Sept. 8, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger