An Oak Park man was robbed in the 200 block of Home Avenue sometime between 11 p.m. and midnight on March 1.
A man in his 20s approached the victim, grabbed his Samsung S7 cell phone, struck him and fled in an unknown direction.
- A FedEx package containing a bronze grab bar bathtub accessory was stolen from a residence in the 300 block of South Euclid Avenue sometime between 5:30 and 6 p.m. on March 8. The estimated loss is $50.
- An unattended blue-and-pink wallet containing credit cards and various gift cards was stolen from a changing room at a business in the 400 block of North Harlem Avenue at around 8:15 p.m. on March 9.
- A 40-year-old Chicago man was arrested at Target, 1129 Lake St., at 5:27 p.m. on March 10 and charged with retail theft.
- A cashier’s check for $19,000 was reported stolen from an Oak Park resident’s jacket pocket in the 100 block of Madison Street sometime between 7 p.m. on March 7 and 6:15 a.m. on March 8.
- A package containing an assortment of vitamins was stolen from the front porch of a residence in the 100 block of South Wesley Avenue at about 4:35 p.m. on March 8.
- A 45-year-old Oak Park man was arrested at the Shell gas station, 401 Madison St., at 2:16 a.m. on March 8 and charged with retail theft.
- Two air-conditioning units were stolen from the south side of a residence in the 100 block of South Scoville Avenue sometime between 4:30 p.m. on March 5 and 7:15 a.m. on March 6.
- A black 2014 Chevrolet Impala that was reported stolen on Feb. 5 was recovered by the Chicago Police Department in the 400 block of West 79th Place in Chicago at 1:33 a.m. on March 5. Two subjects were apprehended.
- A vehicle was burglarized in the 1000 block of South Grove Avenue sometime between 3 p.m. on March 1 and 7:30 a.m. on March 8. The offender entered through an unlocked door and ransacked the interior. No loss reported.
- A vehicle parked in a garage in the 500 block of North Ridgeland Avenue was burglarized sometime between 12:15 and 5 p.m. on March 9. The offender entered the garage through an unlocked side service door and then gained entry to the unlocked vehicle and took a Canon 100 F28D camera and various children’s books. The estimated loss is $1,053.
- Two garages were burglarized in the 100 block of South Ridgeland Avenue on March 11. On took place sometime between 1:40 and 2:05 a.m. Two offenders entered the secured garage, which was shared by two residents, by unknown means and then cut a cable bike lock to remove a men’s black-and-white Raleigh “Revenio” 8-speed racing bike. The estimated loss is $800.
Both men were described as black, in their 30s, 5-foot-7, with medium builds and wearing black goatees. One wore a red knit hat, a navy blue jacket, a gray hood shirt, dark pants and dark Nike shoes. The other man wore a two-toned jacket, a hooded shirt and jeans.
A second garage was burglarized in the 100 block of South Ridgeland sometime between 2 p.m. on March 10 and 2 p.m. on March 11. The burglar was described as black, approximately 50 years old, with a thin build and facial hair. He also wore a red knit hat, a dark blue coat, dark brown khakis and black shoes.
He gained entry by unknown means and stole two Bontrager tires and bike accessories. The estimated loss is $240.
- A residence was burglarized in the 1200 block of Rossell Avenue sometime between 11 p.m. on March 6 and 3:54 a.m. on March 7. The offender entered through an unlocked side door and took a MacBook Pro computer, a Hitachi computer, an iPhone 7, a USB charger and an Amazon Alexa. The estimated loss is $4,690.
- A residence under construction in the 1100 block of Miller Street was burglarized sometime between 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 28 and 4 p.m. on March 7. The burglar removed a basement furnace and air-conditioning condenser unit. The estimated loss was unknown at the time of the report.
- A storage basement was burglarized in the 700 block of Erie Street sometime between noon on Feb. 6 and 9 a.m. on March 3. The offender removed a key from a lockbox to gain entry to the storage basement and stole a black Koma Coco women’s hybrid bicycle. The estimated loss is $800.
- A truck was burglarized in the 900 block of Wenonah Avenue sometime between 11 a.m. on March 4 and 7:15 a.m. on March 6. The offender pried open the tailgate lock and then stole an SPX radio detection utility transmitter and receiver. The estimated loss is $8,000.
- A projectile, likely from a BB-gun, damaged the windshield of a vehicle in the 1300 block of North Harlem Avenue sometime between 11:15 p.m. on March 10 and 6:45 a.m. on March 11. The estimated damage is $300.
- Someone slashed the rear tires to a vehicle parked in the 600 block of Wisconsin Avenue sometime between 9:30 p.m. on March 6 and 7:15 a.m. on March 7. The estimated loss is $100.
- Someone punctured two tires on a victim’s vehicle parked in the 200 block of North Grove Avenue sometime between 6 p.m. on March 5 and 7:23 a.m. on March 6. The estimated loss is $200.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, March 1-11, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger