Anybody looking for rental units in Oak Park can tell you that it’s getting harder to find a good deal. Now Crain’s Chicago Business has confirmed it through an analysis by the real estate website Zillow.
An independent analysis by Zillow, conducted specifically for Crain’s, shows that Oak Park’s rentals in the 60304 area code will experience the highest rental increase – at a projected 10 percent – in the entire Chicago area next year.
Rentals in Oak Park’s 60302 area code were the third highest projected increase for 2017 at 6 percent, according to Crain’s and River Forest came in at a four-way tie for fourth place at 5 percent.
The overall Chicago area forecasts an increase of 1 percent, according to the article.
The business magazine reports that eight of the top 10 zip codes that will experience the highest increases are in the western suburbs.
Zillow’s top ten projected increases are:
- 10 percent – Oak Park (60304)
- 7 percent – La Grange Park (60526)
- 6 percent – Oak Park (60302)
- 5 percent – River Forest (60305); Mt. Greenwood, Chicago (60655); O’Hare, Chicago (60656); Riverside (60546)
- Clarendon Hills (60514); Elmhurst (60126); Wilmette (60091)