Oak Park, IL – Downtown Oak Park hosts its third Green Halloween event on Saturday, Oct. 19th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. with select activities starting at 10 a.m. Kids follow the Green Pumpkin Trail through local businesses and organizations to participate in FREE activities and collect healthy, eek-o friendly treats. Costumes are optional. Suggested ages 3-8. Rain or shine.
The trail will start and end at the Oak Park Visitors Center, 1010 Lake Street. Kids will receive a Green Pumpkin Trail Map and Sticker Card to collect stickers at the stops on the Green Pumpkin Trail and get a special treat at the end!
Green Pumpkin Trail Stops:
– Pumpkin Decorating with Wonder Works Children’s Museum – Westgate at Marion
– Costume Swap event from 12-4 p.m. at Sugarcup Trading – 110 N. Marion Street
– Monster Mash – on Marion
- Live kids’ music, dancing and more!
- Popcorn and cider provided by Wells Street Popcorn.
- Roaming princess and superhero characters from 12-2 p.m.
– FREE showing of Ghostbusters [PG] at 10am, Lake Theatre – 1022 Lake Street
– Scary Storytelling 1:30 p.m. at Ten Thousand Villages – 121 N. Marion Street
– Face Painting Station from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Oak Park Public Library – 834 Lake Street
– Eek-o-friendly, healthy treats at select DTOP shops and restaurants on the Green Pumpkin Trail.
For more information visit the Downtown Oak Park site