You may have read last week in my blog about Margot McMahon that she is participating in the new Art Loop Open with her sculpture Ecosystem No. 1. Little did I know that at least eight other artists who live and/or work in the Oak Park area are also participating in the contest. Out of 750 artists who entered the contest, only 191 Chicagoland artists made the cut. Organized by the Chicago Artists Coalition and Chicago Loop Alliance, ALO will display these artists’ work at ten downtown venues from October 15–November 12. From October 15–28, the public can vote for its favorites; whoever wins first prize takes home an impressive $25,000!
See the Oak Park area artists below. If I’ve missed anybody, please don’t hesitate to comment!
Live in Oak Park
- Claire Ashley – Big Bagpipes showing at Macy’s
- Lauren Brescia – Surprise… showing at Block 37
- Tom Burtonwood (in collaboration with Jacob C. Hammes) – Translations showing at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago & Lobby of 200 N. Michigan
- Joe Fournier – The Seven Deadly Blagos! showing at Block 37
- Margot McMahon – Ecosystem No. 1 showing at Block 37
- Sabina Ott – Pleasure for the Poor showing at the Merchandise Mart
Live in Forest Park
- Predrag Djordjevic – Stretchers Construction showing at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago & Lobby of 200 N. Michigan
Affiliated with the Oak Park Art League
- Jesse Howard – War Veteran showing at Block 37
- Richard Laurent – Beast Emerging showing at the Palmer House