An Oak Park woman who was critically injured in a Sept. 18 kitchen gas stove explosion died last Wednesday.

Janet Rynne, 47, suffered burns over 40 percent of her body when natural gas from a kitchen stove in her father’s home exploded. She was pronounced dead at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood.

The Cook County Medical Examiner’s office ruled her death an accident Friday, following an autopsy Friday. Rynne’s official cause of death was external and inhalation burns, as well as pneumonia.

Rynne, who survived several bouts with breast cancer, was a 1980 graduate of Oak Park and River Forest High School. She had three children, two are adults and one is currently at Percy Julian Middle School.

-Bill Dwyer

Join the discussion on social media!

One reply on “Woman dies after gas explosion”