Richard (Dick) Spoo started Spoo’s Quality Market on

Chicago Avenue
sometime around 1928 on the northwest corner of
Chicago Avenue
and
Marion Street
. [Grocery list, LifeLines, July 9]


He then operated in the A&P in the center of that block. From there he moved, with his brother Ralph, to 1052
Chicago. He and his son, Dick Jr., took over the entire store in about 1956. From there he moved to 1113 Chicago until he retired


Ken Spoo

Submitted to WednesdayJournalOnline.com

 

Join the discussion on social media!