COURTESY OF DOWNTOWN OAK PARK
Oak Park, IL – Downtown Oak Park hosts its fourth Green Halloween event on Saturday, Oct. 18 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. with select activities starting at 10 a.m. Kids follow the Green Pumpkin Trail through local businesses to participate in FREE activities and collect healthy, eek-o-friendly treats. Costumes are optional. Suggested ages 3-8. Rain or shine.
Start/End Green Pumpkin Trail at the Oak Park Visitors Center – 1010 Lake Street
– Kids pick up a Green Pumpkin Trail Map and Sticker Card to collect stickers at the stops on the Green Pumpkin Trail and get a special treat at the end!
Green Pumpkin Trail Stops:
– Pumpkin Decorating with Wonder Works Children’s Museum – Westgate at Marion
– Costume Swap event from 12-4pm at Sugarcup Trading – 110 N. Marion Street
– Monster Mash – on Marion Street
- Live kids’ music, dancing and more!
- Popcorn and cider provided by Wells Street Popcorn.
- Roaming princess and superhero characters from 12-2pm.
– FREE showing of Shrek [PG] at 10am, Lake Theatre – 1022 Lake Street
– Scary Storytelling 1:30pm at Ten Thousand Villages – 121 N. Marion Street
– Eek-o-friendly, healthy treats at select DTOP shops and restaurants on the Green Pumpkin Trail.