By Suze Solari
Okay, SO I am a few weeks behind on my New Years resolution tips for you; but then I will have given enough time for the 'fake resolutions' to have fizzeled. And honestly, this list is basic enough that any one can make a change in their wardrobe by incorporating even one idea.
- Wear leopard - well, it could be any animal print really, but I think leopard is the most timeless, and adds a shot of cool contrast to any neutral outfit. If you think it takes a bold personality to wear this print, try it in a small does to begin with: a long scarf or clutch handbag is a great start!
- Get some fur and a bit of leather into your closet -- be it faux, real or vintage, pelts add a dash of glamour and warmth, perfect for snowy days like today.
- Wear skinny jeans, like it or not they are here to stay, and there is a cut and fit for every body shape; watch proportion, however and cover your rear end with a tunic if you need to (we know who we are).
- Add prints, energize your look with a graphic sweater or floral blouse.
- Embrace bold jewelry: you can upgrade your basic T's in 30 seconds with a statement necklace!
- Keep your closet clean & organized: take inventory of your clothes, separating each item into piles for alteration /mending, consignment & donation. Then replace everything into an order: first by garment type, then by color...or ALL by color - what I do - I find it easier to make outfits that way.
Check out my listings for where to source several or even just one of the Style resolutions above: Chic Chicks Boutique in south Oak Park, has quietly been cultivating loyal clients for almost 2 years now. Located a few doors down from the Ale House and the new location of Divine Consign, this fun shop caters to the trends with a rock n' roll edge.
Marilyn Hicks, the proprietress and Oak Park resident, could n't be more authentic in her love of clothes. She has a passion for helping her clients find a great outfit, including accessories - especially on a budget. My favorite piece is the 'Nuvala' multi-color knit & grey faux leather dress, with embellishments on the shoulder, $160. The 'Friends' wool blend red jacket is on sale for 50% off of $98., and the floral tunic, a mere $36, also on sale. Mention this Blog on your next visit, and receive 20% off your purchase (not including sale items).
Who can resist the crazy soft faux fur leopard-print chubby coat from Muse? The options in our boutiques are limitless - so pick one or embrace all of my resolutions and make a commitment to updating & maintaining your stylish self for the year 2013!
If you crave more fashion news and advice, follow me on Twitter and Facebook, and subscribe to my monthly Styling Newsletter: you can sign up by visiting my website: http://suzesolaristyle.com/
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|