|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
By Devin Rose
Hemingway enthusiasts will be able to tour his boyhood home one last time this weekend during Day in Our Village before an Oak Park family moves in later in the month.
The Ernest Hemingway Foundation of Oak Park will open the home at 600 N. Kenilworth Ave.on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. as part of the festival. After the June 12 closing, an Oak Park family will move in and make it their private home.
The Hemingway family moved into the home in 1906. Ernest lived there from ages 7 to 17, and began developing his first novel, "A Farewell to Arms," during that time. He lived there with his mother and father, Grace and Clarence, and his five siblings. Few changes have been made to it since Grace began planning its design before they moved in.
Tours will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
This article has been updated to correct the day when tours will be given.
Hire Local for FREE!
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|