By Anna Lothson
Ever wonder how clean one of your favorite local restaurant is?
Well, below is a list of 10 that the Oak Park Department of Public Health and Board of Health recognized for their food service sanitation efforts.
This is the 28th year of the Johnson Restaurant Award, named for Oak Park's first lunchroom that operated in the 1890s at 124 Lake St., is presented each year to restaurants that consistently meet or exceed state food safety standards. This year's winners were chosen from 79 eligible restaurants. The awards are based on scores from a 45-point inspection survey.
"Restaurants earning this award have achieved sanitation scores that are the best in Oak Park," said Mike Charley, the Health Department's environmental health supervisor. "These establishments have demonstrated that they take food protection seriously and have incorporated food safety and sanitation practices into their day-to-day business operations."
Johnson Restaurant Award Winners (in order of score) are:
- Marion Street Grille, 189 N. Marion St.
- Aripo's Venezuelan Arepa House, 118 N. Marion St.
- King & I, 105 N. Marion St
- Cucina Paradiso, 814 North Blvd.
- Penny's Noodle Shop, 1130 Chicago Ave.
- Jerusalem Café, 1030 Lake St.
- Buzz Café, 905 South Lombard Ave.
- Flat Top Grill, 726 Lake St.
- New Rebozo, 1116 Madison St.
- Eyrie, 128 N. Oak Park Ave.
Hire Local for FREE!
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Photo store||Contact us|
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|