By Jean Lotus
Mega-medication theft from RF Dominick's
River Forest police arrested a 26-year-old Chicago man who removed $333 worth of over-the-counter pharmaceutical products from the Dominick's at 7501 North Ave. around 11:33 a.m., Aug. 2. The offender was chased into Elmwood Park and taken into custody in the 1700 block of 75th Avenue. He was charged with retail theft.
Missing woman found
River Forest police assisted in the recovery of a missing 70-year-old River Forest woman, who, family members said, had disappeared for one day. Officers investigating leads found the woman in her vehicle in the Loyola Hospital parking lot in Maywood at 7:30 a.m., Aug. 31. She was unhurt and no foul play was reported.
Bike theft roundup
Unlocked bicycles were removed from the yard of a River Forest home in the 1200 block of Park Avenue, Aug. 31; the rear yard of the 600 block of Clinton Avenue, overnight Sept. 2-3; and from the front lawn of a house in the 700 block of North Lombard Avenue, Sept. 4. An adult-sized unsecured Razor scooter was removed from the front porch of a home in the 600 block of North Elmwood Avenue during the day, Sept. 3
Cash-filled safe lifted from car
A woman told River Forest police someone smashed the passenger-side window of her vehicle parked overnight, Aug. 29-30, in the 7700 block of Madison Street and removed a small black safe containing $3,500 worth of cash and jewelry.
- Someone entered a home in the first block of Keystone Avenue in River Forest by cutting the screen and climbing through a side window during the evening, Aug. 31. An Apple iPad was removed.
- An Apple Macbook was reported missing after someone entered an apartment in the 1300 block of Harlem during the day, Sept. 3, by unknown means. Loss was estimated at $1,800.
- Someone took a UPS box containing $85 worth of Sephora make-up from the foyer of a building in the 300 block of North Oak Park Avenue during the afternoon, Sept. 3.
- Someone entered and ransacked an apartment in the 100 block of South Austin Boulevard, the morning of Aug. 30. Nothing of value was immediately noted as missing.
- Someone pried open the rear door of a residence in the 100 block of North Ridgeland Avenue during the day, Aug. 28, and removed a black and gray Gossamer backpack, cash and a silver Apple laptop. Estimated loss was $1,980.
Missing Lexus turns up in Chicago
A gold 1999 Lexus 400, reported missing from Oak Park on March 13, was recovered by Chicago police in the 3300 block of South Kedzie Avenue, Sept. 3, in un-drivable condition.
Two bicycles were removed from an open garage in the 1000 block of Lyman Avenue, overnight Aug. 29-30.
An unattended blue Galaxy 3 cellphone was removed from the second floor of the Oak Park Public Library around 6 p.m., Sept. 5. Loss was estimated at $250.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports filed Aug. 30-Sept. 5 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
—Compiled by Jean Lotus
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|