|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
The Chicago Transit Authority recently completed a rehab project to clean up the Oak Park Avenue Green Line station. The Station Renewal Program is CTA initiative to send "Renew Crews" with a wide range of skills and trades to stations to fix as many problems as possible at one time.
The crew made numerous repairs to crumbling concrete, loose boards on the platform and missing or broken signage at the station. Murals featuring Oak Park landmarks and tourism attractions were also installed on walls riders see entering and exiting the platform.
Oak Park's Green Line station was opened in 1962 when the tracks were elevated. It replaced the original ground-level Oak Park Avenue station, which opened in 1901.
Here's a full list of the work the crew completed at the station.
- Repaint the door and repair the concrete at the closed Euclid Ave entrance
- Remove weeds along the South Blvd embankment wall and sidewalk
- Repair damaged concrete exterior wall under the station house windows
- Re-caulk the aluminum windows and storefront on the station house
- Repair or replace damaged brick at the station entrance
- Inspect and clean lights, repair as needed
- Inspect doors and locks throughout station, service/repair as needed
- Install new "push"/"pull" signs on front doors
- Clean top of Customer Assistant booth, remove surplus or unneeded brackets or fixtures inside booth
- Clean tile inside station house, repair missing/damaged tiles as needed
- Add mural to north wall in paid area
- Paint floor drain cover in station house paid area
- Repair concrete flooring at base of escalator inside station
- Regrout between tiles on stairs to/from the platform, as needed
- Clean tile walls along stairs/escalator, repair missing/damaged tiles as needed
- Remove old decals and clean tape and adhesive residue from surfaces, as needed
- Repair concrete flooring at top of stairs/escalator on platform, as needed
- Repair or replace passenger heaters on platform
- Install perforated metal mesh vandal shield over glass on platform windbreaks
- Replace recycling bins on the platform
- Repair/refurbish benches and sandboxes on platform, as needed
- Remove loose concrete from old C&NW commuter rail platform at track level
- Replace wooden platform deck boards as needed
- Repair/replace roofing cover at track level at east end of the platform
- Clean debris, remove weeds from track area
- Inspect and clean gutters and downspouts throughout station, repair as needed
- Repaint all garbage cans and sandboxes on the platform
- Repaint railing at the west end of the platform
- Inspect and clean or replace missing, damaged, outdated, or vandalized signage, as needed
Hire Local for FREE!
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|