This summer, WSSRA received donations from generous individuals and groups who are committed to making children's lives richer. This is a public thank-you to those who contributed to the West Suburban Special Recreation Association (WSSRA) day camp scholarship fund:
- American Camping Association of Illinois
- Berwyn Community Development Block Grant Fund
- Illinois Project for Special Needs Children
- Oak Park Township
- Ms. Peggy Vicars, Oak Park
- President Larry Dominick and the Town of Cicero
- Thumbuddy Special
- West Suburban Special Recreation Foundation (River Forest-based)
- Prairie Oak Elementary School students, Berwyn
- Often, children with special needs miss out on the simple pleasures of summer. Their challenges may get in the way. With support from WSSRA, that does not need to happen.
Our day camp participants welcome the chance to play, laugh, create and make friends. This year, 205 children got to do all this while having fun at camp.
WSSRA campers remember their summers for many years to come. Our day camp donors recognize this and make that possible. On behalf of the 138 children who received scholarship support this summer, we thank them. We are grateful for their support.
Executive director, WSSRA
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|