An Oak Park woman was robbed by a man with a gun in the 100 block of South Home Avenue at 11:25 p.m. on May 8, according to Oak Park police. The man, roughly in his 20s, approached the woman, displayed a handgun and demanded her property. She handed over her purse and cellphone. The estimated loss is $505. The man was described as black, 5-foot-6, with shoulder-length dreadlocks and wearing a white T-shirt and red hooded sweatshirt.
- A man in his early 20s shattered the glass of the front door of a PACE bus in the 400 block of Lake Street at noon on May 11. The estimated damage is unknown.
- Someone fired a gun at West Suburban Hospital, 3 Erie St., sometime between 6 p.m. on April 29 and 2 p.m. on May 4, damaging a 6th floor outer window pane. No additional information was provided. The estimated loss due to damage is $650.
- Two juveniles were arrested in the 400 block of South Taylor at 6:48 p.m. on May 11 and charged with theft of a package.
- A vehicle that was reported stolen out of Oak Park on May 7, 2018, was recovered by the Chicago Police Department in the 4300 block of West Thomas, Chicago, at 10:17 a.m. on May 9.
- Two patio chairs were stolen from the front porch of a residence in the 900 block of South Boulevard sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. on May 8. The estimated loss is $200.
- A vehicle was burglarized in the 300 block of Home Avenue sometime between 11 a.m. and noon on May 10. The burglar damaged the door lock to gain entry to the vehicle, which was parked on the street. They then removed a Bosch rotary hammer, a Milwaukee Sawzall and a Bosch jigsaw. The estimated loss is $1,105.
- A man attempted to burglarize a residential garage in the 400 block of North Humphrey Avenue at 6:39 p.m. on May 13. He was last seen fleeing eastbound. He wore a black hoodie and black pants.
- A residential garage was burglarized in the 300 block of Chicago Avenue sometime between 3 p.m. on May 5 and 3:30 p.m. on May 7. The burglar stole a paint sprayer, pressure washer, air tank, vacuum and bouncing playhouse. The estimated loss is $900.
- A residence was burglarized on the 200 block of North Elmwood sometime between 12:01 and 6 a.m. on May 1. The burglar gained entry to the residence by unknown means and stole two Macbook laptops, a Nintendo Switch and a Nintendo Wii. The estimated loss is $3,350.
- A vehicle was burglarized in the 700 block of North Lombard Avenue sometime between 8 p.m. on May 7 and 9 a.m. on May 8. The burglar gained entry to the garage with a garage door opener. The burglar then gained entry to the vehicle and ransacked the center console. The total estimated loss is $200.
- Louise E. Murray, 54, of the 7000 block of Indiana Avenue, Chicago, was arrested in the 1100 block of South Boulevard at 10:15 a.m. on May 8 and charged with committing a burglary that occurred on March 26, 2017.
- Evans D. Robinson III, of the 5100 block of West Castle, Bellwood, was arrested for aggravated battery to a peace officer after being stopped for a DUI. The incident occurred in the 100 block of North Oak Park Avenue at 10:41 p.m. on May 11.
- A woman in her 20s committed battery and criminal damage to property at Happy Nails, 403 Chicago Avenue, at 5:30 p.m. on May 6. The woman entered the business and engaged in an argument with someone in the store. She struck the victim in the face and damaged a cell phone and credit card reader and then fled in a white Nissan Altima.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, May 7-14, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|