Ten Oak Park restaurants are receiving honors for their sanitation efforts. The Oak Park Department of Public Health and Board of Health have given the coveted Johnson Restaurant Award to the top 10 highest scoring restaurants in the village for consistently meeting or exceeding food safety standards.
And the awards go to:
- Aripo's Venezuelan Arepa House, 118 N Marion St.
- Cucina Paradiso, 814 North Blvd.
- Marion Street Grille, 189 N. Marion St.
- King and I, 105 N. Marion St.
- Eyrie, 128 N. Oak Park Ave.
- Buzz Café, 905 S. Lombard Ave.
- Edwardo's Natural Pizza, 6831 North Ave.
- Flat Top Grill, 728 Lake St.
- Boss Burrito, 1110 Westgate St.
- TGI Fridays, 401 N. Harlem Ave.
"The establishments have demonstrated that they take food protection seriously and have incorporated food safety and sanitation practices into their day-to-day business operations," environmental health supervisor Mike Charley said in a news release.
Recipients must receive exemplary scores on a 45-point inspection survey, covering topics such as meal preparation, cooking, cooling, reheating and serving, according to the village. The winners were chosen from 74 applicants for the award.
The award is named after Oak Park's first lunchroom, which operated in the 1890s at 124 Lake St.
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|