Below are candidate-submitted answers to a biographical survey Wednesday Journal sent out to all candidates running in this year's elections.
Profession: Retired Pension and Health Care Advisor
How long have you lived in Oak Park? 41 years
How often do you visit the Oak Park Public Library? Twice a week.
Why are running for this office? To assist this wonderful institution.
Have you ever run for or served in a local political office before? If so, when and which office?
Library 2009, Village Trustee 1985, 1992, 2003
Have you served on other boards or commissions at a local level? If not, what makes you want to serve now?
Citizens Involvement Commission, Public Arts Advisory Commission
What do you consider to be the greatest strengths at the Oak Park Public Library?
A talented, creative and dedicated staff
What is the biggest issue the library faces today?
Meeting the demands of its role as a community center.
What is your idea for how the library board should approach the library lobby redo?
Proceed with the plans to create more meeting space
How do you think the library can evolve with technology while still providing its basic core services?
By continuing the plans as they are in place presently
What is your vision for the future of the Oak Park Public library?
A place where the community can find resources that serve reading and social needs.
What else should Oak Park residents know about you?
Treasurer for the following organizations:
- Citizens' for Appropriate Transportation
- West Side Greens
- Citizens for Community Conversation
- 1. Waste Ideas Network (WIN)
- Business and Residents United to Serve Harrison (BRUSH)
- Lake Street EL Coalition
- Oak Park Food Co-op
- Dialogue II (cross racial discussions)
- Oak Park Community Action Organization (OPCAO)
- African American History Month Coalition
- West Side Peace Coalition
- Oak Park's Citizen Involvement Committee (1992-1998) Served as its chair in 1997
- Appointed by the CTA to be on the Green Line Task Force (1993-1996)
- Avenue Bank GAIN Review Committee (1994-1998)
Training, Education and Employment:
- BA in Sociology and Education (CCNY)
- Accounting at Roosevelt University (Chicago)
- Criminal investigator training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Georgia
- Fiduciary training for US Department of Labor's Employee Benefits Security Administration (Colorado)
Hire Local for FREE!
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Photo store||Contact us|
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|