Serial River Forest peeping Tom arrested in North Riverside

50-year-old man has history of prior incidents during past decade

By Jean Lotus

Forest Park Review Editor

A 50-year-old River Forest man who has been arrested repeatedly in the past decade for window peeping is back in Cook County Jail.

North Riverside police arrested Stephan Myslicki on Feb. 2 and charged him with felony disorderly conduct, after he reportedly admitted to looking into the window of a house in the 2500 block of 9th Avenue repeatedly to view a teenage girl inside.

According to North Riverside police, a witness observed a tall man standing in the driveway of a vacant home on the night of Jan. 23. The man fled the area when a motion light was activated, leaving in a black Toyota with a burned out taillight, according to police. The same witness saw the vehicle again on Jan. 25 and again on Jan. 30, wrote down the license plate number and called police.

North Riverside and River Forest police reportedly identified Myslicki as the owner of the vehicle and located him on Feb. 2. During an interview, Myslicki reportedly admitted looking in the windows of the North Riverside home on multiple occasions during the previous two weeks.

Police notified the owners of the North Riverside home to make them aware of the allegations against Myslicki.

At a hearing on Feb. 4 a Cook County judge set Myslicki's bond at $55,000.

Myslicki is no stranger to River Forest police, who have arrested him on multiple occasions for similar offenses.

In April 2006 he was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct after looking into windows in the 8000 block of Lake Street, and in December 2009 police charged him with felony disorderly conduct after he was seen walking up the driveway of a home in the 1400 block of William Street.

A year and a half later, in July 2011, Myslicki was arrested after a River Forest resident found him hiding in some bushes and looking through a window outside his home in the 1400 block of Jackson Avenue. Myslicki was charged with felony disorderly conduct, convicted and sentenced to a year in prison.

He was arrested a year later, in August 2012, after police observed him peering through a window in the 1100 block of Monroe Ave. He was sent back to prison after that arrest for violating the terms of his parole.

Posted: February 14th, 2013 2:25 AM

Django, you seem to be trying really hard to make this about white men against black women, especially when you start up with your racial stereotypes about white people... Aren't you doing the exact same thing you are complain other people are doing to you? What does that make you? I think those are some questions worth asking yourself. Just curious, have you read the research paper yet? Because you were the one who wanted to read studies on Oak Park.

Posted: February 14th, 2013 2:12 AM

Actually, I'm married to a black woman, so there goes that theory. Django, when you say things like that, I hope you realize that you are not revealing anything about use, but you are painting a picture of yourself. Also, you're only assuming that these other people are white, other than myself. I'm still waiting for your extensive list of suburbs around Chicago that are more racially, sexually, economically, etc... integrated that Oak Park. I'll make it easier for you, come up with a list of 5

FYI

Posted: February 13th, 2013 7:35 PM

Hmm. Whatever happened to not responding to non-humans? Lowering your standards? In any event, you pathetic, sad girl, let it out. Get your lower chakra rage out........ But keep in mind, you don't speak for most black people, many of whom CAN read, write and express themselves in rational ways. I'm just so tired of hearing from sorry ass fools like yourself who think talking the fool constitutes being a genuine African American and "keeping it real." There's nothing real about your type.

FYI

Posted: February 13th, 2013 6:40 PM

Why is it, I wonder, that people have no problem thinking that an assumed white person posting on a web board is expressing bigoted, ignorant and otherwise wrong-headed opinions. But if the the poster identifies as African American, it just HAS to be someone trying to place black folk in a bad light? ........I've read all of Django's posts, and they stoke me as consistent with as a person struggling to make a point (points) and reacting sincerely if stupidly. Why is that so hard to believe?

OP Transplant

Posted: February 13th, 2013 6:12 PM

White Guy - I think it might be time to concede that "Django" is actually a couple of white high-school students who are laughing uproariously at every black stereotype they intentionally perpetuate in their posts. At least, I hope so.

FYI

Posted: February 13th, 2013 6:00 PM

You're right, White Guy. Django isn't a "bad" black person. Just a very ignorant and inarticulate black person. They do exist, you know. Mirror images of the white power movement. But I'll at least give the majority of the WP crackers credit for understanding punctuation and spelling.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 4:19 PM

I never said you are a "bad black person" for using the "n" word, I'm saying the use of the "n" word perpetuates negativity that is inseparable from the words racist connotations. Do you have a list of more successfully integrated towns yet? With more benefits for low income people? Did you read the research paper yet? Or are you just going to discount it based on anecdotal perception?

Posted: February 13th, 2013 3:56 PM

White guy... My aunt whom I'm named after, she was a yiung girl, white guy, she was one of the peoole who was taking away with the Jim Jones every since that time I have been leery of people saying what is and what is not for me... I dont drink the cool iad of jim jones, i dont drink the cool aid of Oak Park.. Sorry, and every black person is different...so your black friend may not use the,n word goid for them, but that doesn't make us girls bad black people cause we do use the n word

Posted: February 13th, 2013 3:17 PM

So if anecdotal evidence is the order of the day, then here is some for you; My wife, who is black, and my kids, who are half black and look more black than white, and all my my and my wife's black friends, find Oak Park to be the most welcoming place to them compared to any area in and around Chicagoland. They've never had an experience in Oak Park where they've felt discriminated against. So I suppose their black percention, Django, is different from yours.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 3:07 PM

And every time I provide a counter point to yours, which is back up btw, all you can say is, "well you couldn't possibly understand because you're white"... So basically you will believe you are right regardless of any evidence and substantiated counter argument that's provided to you... Then what's the point in even discussing this with you?

Posted: February 13th, 2013 3:04 PM

Django, you're not reading correctly, I never said there is not racism in Oak Park, and I never said I don't believe that you have experienced racism here. I am addressing you're perception that Oak Park is an overwhelmingly racist town, which is the impression you gave when you compared it to the town where the KKK leader lives. And I'm saying you couldn't be further from the true, and I also provided research and data.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:54 PM

So I'll ask again Django, please provide a list of suburbs around Chicagoland that are more inclusive than Oak Park, both institutionally and personally. And please provided data and historical context to show that you are not merely providing anecdotal evidence.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:50 PM

to your arguement? Go ahead. Like I said, now where is perfect, but the development of Oak Parks integration efforts has been more successful than any other place in the region, and that is nothing to been sneered at. If you want to educate yourself on this, here a thesis by someone who has done real research. http://astro.temple.edu/~ruby/opp/3qrpt02/finalversion.pdf

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:47 PM

Now you are just looking for ways to try to make your case. There has been research on Oak Parks efforts of integration, and guess what, there are few places around that country that even come close to the level of integration Oak Park has achieved. Personal perception can cloud a persons understanding of what a place is truly like, so that's why I brought up the example of low income housing, which is a relatively objective measure. You want to provide some objective data that points cont...

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:43 PM

But no mattet the result, as a black woman, im saying what im faced with here in this town everyday is just like living in Chicago.... And becau i shair that white people just can't believe oak park to be what im telling you it is... Im living this everyday all day

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:38 PM

I would like to have an idependent outfit conduct an investigation on Oak Park, so to show how this village compares with local cities, when it comes racism, bigotry, and other other forms of segregation but no matter what they say, some just will not be

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:34 PM

African Americans who think the "n" word is negative and still degrading, even if it's be sterilized through constant usage. I know plenty of black people who would be insulted by the use of that word. Would they not understand because they're black?

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:32 PM

Django, I've discussed this to lengths with my wife, and my black friends, and they all think the "n" word is negative... always was and always will be. It is inseparable with it's racist meaning, and does nothing to reverse it's negative connotations, regardless of how some people feel they can "take back the power" by "owning it". So, it's a poor assumption to think I couldn't possibly understand it's connotations and history just cause I'm white, but just in case, there are plenty of cont...

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:27 PM

provides more low income housing than Oak Park. I bet she can't, because no other suburb even comes close to the amount of low income benefits Oak Park provides. That is an example of institutional inclusion. Now, is Oak Park prefect? Of course not, no place is... but it's a heck of a lot better for diversity and inclusion than the vast amount of suburbs around the region. Give credit where credit is due.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:24 PM

Now, I'm not saying we should turn a blind eye to discrimination, but I am saying that it's important to present a realistic picture of the pros and cons of a place. Give credit where credit is due. I've already ask Django to provide a list of towns around Chicagoland that are more inclusive of people that are from difference races, sexual orientation, economic bracket and religion. I'd ask Django, and anyone else, to provide a list, or even one suburb around Chicagoland that cont...

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:24 PM

The reason why you "fail to see how the "n" word has turned from negative to positive."..... White guy. Is because you're not a black guy... If you were you'd understand, but it's hard to explain to white people how the n word is positive

Posted: February 13th, 2013 2:20 PM

Speedway, Franklin probably did not mean it to be a blanket statement, but people need to say what they mean, especially when talking about sensitive topics. And sure, racism happens in degrees everywhere, but the way it's talked about here gives the impression that there is some sort of overwhelming racist force that exists in Oak Park, which couldn't be further from the truth. Django even liked it to some place in Indianna where some KKK leader lives, which is laughable. Cont...

Speedway from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 1:14 PM

Sorry WG, I did not take what Franklin said as a blanket response to the extreme because we live in this community. Although not stated I do think he was including degrees of racism. Which is why I agreed with him. Rather than discussing racism how about changing the topic to one of values. I feel most comfortable when I am around people who share the same set of values. How about you?

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:23 PM

Franklin, I don't find it that strange that Django goes from insults like "faggot" and "homo", and then cleans up her discourse, because it seems like she just wanted people to back her up, and when someone did, she cleaned up her language.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:20 PM

Franklin, See the problem is that when you say "Oak Park is racist", you too are making a blanket statement, which I whole heartedly disagree with. Every community in the US unfortunately retains elements of racism, however, it all comes down to degrees of racism. And on that front, I find Oak Park to be a lot more inclusive of different types of people that the vast majority of places in the region.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:15 PM

Django, well, you said you have no problem using the "n" word regardless of what white people think, as long as they are adults, but say you won't use it in front of my daughter. Does that mean you give my daughter a pass on the part of her that is white because she is part black? I fail to see how the "n" word has turned from negative to positive.

Speedway from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 11:07 AM

To Franklin, I have to agree with you. It's painful to admit but it is a reality. However, the extreme examples of racism I am seeing in previous posts is sad and very uncomfortable. I hope that I can control my anger and use better sense when confronted with unconcionable babble that helps no one. This is not the issue of this article or did we forget.

Franklin from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 10:48 AM

White Guy, I see that someone with the name Django used some insulting terms. Thats unacceptable. Its rather strange because the Django that you are dialoguing with now is much different. The point remains that Oak Park is racist - both institutionally and on an individual basis. Is it better than other communities? Of course, but that doesn't excuse Oak Park for its racist elements.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 9:25 AM

See FYI, that is the thing we black don't care what white people think of us.Cant you not see the KKK, skin heads and like we are not concerned.. so let them laugh. but as i said blacks have been thru so much about the use of the word, I take it FYI you have not spent much time in the 'Hood" thats nieghborhood for you.have you spent any time around all black women,or men for that matter.when we use the word with each other it dont have the same meaning as wen the kkk uses it

FYI

Posted: February 13th, 2013 8:52 AM

Good to know Django "would not yell bomb on a PLAIN, I would nit use PROFOUND language aroubd children." But he does refers to black people with a variation of the word "nigger," because, he says, "I am not AFFENED by the use of nigga." ............. Well thought out, son. The KKK are laughing up their sleeves right now.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 8:14 AM

first i dont know here, 2 terms of endearment... My closet girl people who I've been in the kitchen with...see when the word came out white people used it as a very bad bad bad word, but everything that was use to hurt black was turned around and used for good like the n word...

Posted: February 13th, 2013 8:11 AM

White guy now here's a great example of a difference of opion... You say the word is disrespectful.... And I honor that, so are you saying all black people who use that word are disrespectful???? Because the same word you say is so disrespectful, so ungly, has come to be terms of endearment for my girlfriends and me.So white guy i would not just be around oak park yelling it all across the park, in the school yard, an of corse not around poeple i dont know like you grown Dauther, and here's why,

Posted: February 13th, 2013 1:39 AM

You saying you would not "disrespect" (I'm guessing that's the word) kids by using that word is an acknowledgement that that word is inherently racially disrespectful. Being a white guy married to a black woman, I find that word highly offensive, not only because it's disrespectful of black people, but also my wife... Yet you'd have not problem using it in front of me because I'm white. I have a grown daughter who is half black and half white. Would you use it in front of her?

Posted: February 13th, 2013 1:27 AM

I would not yell bomb on a plain, I would nit use profound language aroubd children, so in that respect no I would not... As yiu notice white guy I said me and my life long friends use it with each other, and contrary to this sight I was taught how to behave in public... I would never diresoect kids.. Wheter black, white, or mixed..

Posted: February 13th, 2013 1:25 AM

Just because you and your friend's are not offended by that label, and that it's become somewhat culturally acceptable amongst certain circles, doesn't mean it's not offensive.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 1:22 AM

And what about my children, who happen to by half white and half black. Would you use it in front of them because they are half white? Or not use it because they are half black? See, one of the things I like about Oak Park is that there are so many inter-racial couples with kids. It's a lot easier to hold fast to one's ideological beliefs in what's appropriate or not when you have easily definable racial borders, but not so easy in the grey area.

Django from Oak Oark

Posted: February 13th, 2013 1:13 AM

I am not affened by the use of nigga, I use,it all day every day with my life long friends... I grew up using nigga, and just because white people say it's offensive me and my friends will not comply... But if she and I ever meet I swear white guy I would nit use it around,her... O. K

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:57 AM

I should also mention that my wife, being a black woman, is also offended my the use of the word "nigga", now and ever other time a white, or more commonly, a black, person uses it... Contextually or not.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:49 AM

Django, I'm well aware that a much larger percentage of black kids end up in special ed, but you also have to honestly ask yourself why? A lot of these kids have continually struggled through the schools here, and like I said before, a lot of it has to do with parental involvement, and not a lack of caring from teachers and the like.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:45 AM

address racial inequality. You want to see segregation in the suburbs? Look at Evanston. Oak Park has a vastly larger amount of low income housing compared to every other suburb in the region. If you want to talk about suburbs that don't welcome poor black people, go check out Lake Forest, or Hinsdale, or any other rich suburb that's 95%+ white

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:42 AM

is that it's on the east side, where there is a much larger majority of blacks in comparison to the west side, so I don't think it's fair to attribute it all the racism. The thing is, racism exists everywhere in the US, I take this as a given... But to characterize Oak Park as a racist place, when it's probably more inclusive than any other part of Chicagoland is far from reality. Oak Park is not perfect, but it deserves to be shown in a true light, especially when it at least tries cont...

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:40 AM

What I'm saying white guy is, that if we have to children comibg into oprfhs, at the same place academic, a black kid and a white kid, by year four the black kid is in special ed, and the white kid is in all honors classe... Historically White guy historically, kets not firget our history, a lot of institutional racism is dine by people who work in these institutions...

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:38 AM

Franklin, I'm not in the habit of asking someone what they mean when statements come across as obviously discriminatory. So was it a misunderstanding when Django used names like "faggot", or "homo" etc... Or should gay people just excuse her and ask her what she means? I ask when they don't make a clear statement. I go to the Dominics just east of Ridgeland on Lake, so I know what you are refering to, and sure there are people in Oak Park that are racist, but a large part of that store cont...

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:32 AM

Django, well regarding the achievement gap, are you implying that the minorities that are failing are the result of the schools not taking care of them? Because my family and the kids of my black friends have had very different experiences than this. Academic success has a lot to do with parental involvement and being pushed by parents to work hard.

Franklin from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:30 AM

Culturally there are some differences between many of the African-Americans that live in Oak Park and those say in Englewood. Daily experience is different. Interactions are different. Oak Park is less inviting of those that have an "Urban Culture". Oak Park is an affluent community, therefore by that token will be less aware and responsive to the issues of low-income people. Does it respond? Of course, but its not guided by that culture, because the affluent folks hold the power and influence

Franklin from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:25 AM

Thats just it White Guy, you could of asked "What do you mean by "Oak Park is racist""? Look at the never ending debate about out of community students. If it was just Oak Park High School, and students from River Forest were sneaking over (for whatever reason) it wouldn't be an issue, I guarantee you. There are Jewel Grocery stores in Oak Park that have limited white patronage (from my observation). This is racism happening, not burning a cross in your lawn, but its still racism.

White guys

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:24 AM

Well, I agree again that our government, which has a white majority commits horrific crimes around the world, and I also believe that they should pay for these crimes.

Django from Oak Oark

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:24 AM

White guy you didn't mention she was a black woman, but you have now, so let me say this forvthe record, oak park continues to push the menfest dynasty, all i ask is to take a look atcthe newspaper, who's represented, white people look at the achievement gap who suffers, now this is only two examples but they are many.... And where i grew up.. We took care of ALL of our neighbors nit just some... All, regardless of color

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:21 AM

Franklin, well I agree with you about the HSBC CEO.

Franklin from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:20 AM

Furthermore, The White powers at be are able to sanction their violent crimes. However, their crimes are international and global, and they themselves don't have to do them. They get the US Army to invade other countries to protect, or capture, natural resources and strategic markets that are valuable to them. Global law sanctioned turf war. Or the Corporations that hire "protection" for their businesses, and that protection kills folks who want the business out of their land.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:19 AM

Franklin, I actually understand that quite well. My wife has experienced racism, which indirectly, and sometime directly affects me and our children. What I am sensitive about is vast generalizations.

Franklin from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:16 AM

White Guy, Fair enough. You didn't say violent crime at the offset. Violent crime doesn't happen in a vacuum though. In my mind HSBC being a major launder for drug cartels is as much to blame for drug related crime as the drug dealer on the street. The CEO of HSBC should be locked up like a common criminal who laundered money.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:16 AM

Django, you didn't say "all", but you did say "Oak Park is racist", which indicates you are generalizing about Oak Park as a community. If you wanted to speak of some racist experiences you had in Oak Park, you could have said "I've experienced racism in Oak Park", which would be an honest expression of your experience. My of my black friends do find Oak Park to be closer to paradise than any other place around Chicagoland. My wife also find OP to be accepting, did I mention she is black?

Franklin from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:10 AM

White Guy, I don't necessarily agree with everything Django has said, or how she has said it, but from what I can see from the beginning of this thread you were defensive on the first comment about white privilege. You are sensitive about it, probably because you are trying to understand it more. What I think you don't understand yet is that everything happens through a lens of race. Race matters in everything. You have a 90% guarantee to have a harsher penalty if you are black.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:10 AM

can be covered up, and you are much more likely to be a victim of violent crime in say Austin, then you are in Lakeview, but I'm not saying that violent crime has to do with race, but has to do with poverty, education, social inequality...

Edwin Garcia from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:10 AM

Nametsa. Is your family from Kenya? Are you on Fillmore across the street from the church? I think we may be neighbors.

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:10 AM

White guy, I never use the word "all" or "every"... But I did said oak park is not the land of milk and honey that it's cracked up to be.. And for whatever reason that upset you.... White guy if you said to me eating meat was better fir you then veggies, that's your opion, as a black person I have a whole different experience than you as a white man do, that's what I'm saying.. To you oak park may be paradise, and i can respect that, perhaps we live in two Oak Parks...

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:07 AM

Franklin, I was talking about violent crime, especially in Chicago. I completely agree that white collar crime goes undetected a lot of the time, and I also agree that the system is in favor of the affluent, but it's a reality, and a sad one, that there is a disproportionate amount of violent crime performed by blacks in Chicago. How many shootings and robberies do you see in stats being performed by non minorities in comparison? There is only so many shootings and robberies that cont...

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:03 AM

White guy, I never use the word all or ever... But I said oak park is nit the land of milk and honey that it cracked up to be.. And fir what ever reason that upset you.... White guy if you said to me eating meat was better for them veggies, that's your opion, as a black oerson I hav a whole different experience than you as a white man, that's what I'm saying.. To you oak park may be paradise, and i can respect that, but perhaps we live in two Oak Parks

Franklin from Oak Park

Posted: February 13th, 2013 12:01 AM

White Guy, Then why do you think that Black people commit more crimes than white people? Crime stats only show those getting caught. how about all the white collar crime our bankers did? and don't get prosecuted. The point is that the system is rigged against poor people, and in particular Black and Brown people. There are racist elements in Oak Park, On an individual level and institutional. If you look at other comments, they are full of coded racist terms referring to Black folks.

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:58 PM

Django, I'm guessing others aren't telling me to "pipe down", because I'm not the one making discriminatory remarks about people. And what do you exactly mean by "this how you wanna roll white guy?"

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:56 PM

Franklin, I've read Jim Crow, and I'm well aware of American history, and I even agree with some of Django's critique of the discrimination against minorities... But what I am against is her use of discriminatory language to try to make her point, her generalizations about Oak Park and white people etc... It seems Django wants to be able to make her point about racism at the expense of other people, and is insulted that her discriminatory rhetoric is not accepted with open arms.

Edwin Garcia from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:55 PM

You see Django. This is where you maintain your composure, and professionalism and represent yourself in a manner that is superior to White Guy. Or, you could do the opposite and fall into the senseless rhetoric. Your choice.

Franklin from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:53 PM

If the police were patrolling Oak Park streets like they do in Englewood then I assure you we would have plenty of teenagers being caught up in the criminal justice system for possession of marijuana and other drugs, which is where much of this starts. I cannot tell you how many times I have been out and observed this. Only difference is that parents in Oak Park probably can afford better lawyers.

Franklin from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:49 PM

white guy, It seems like you really wanted to have a conversation with Django. DO read "The New Jim Crow." if you have not already, and you will understand some of what he is saying in terms of blacks not doing as much crimes as whites. A simple fact is that there are more police in black neighborhoods. More police means more people being caught for crimes. Period. Add on higher conviction rates, discriminatory laws, and the pictures starts to be painted.

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:49 PM

So riddle me this all that has an eye, why want any of you guys tell white guy to pipe down....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, um just asking now um trying to take it easy, and he still talking stuff, this how you wanna roll white guy????

Edwin Garcia from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:46 PM

Django, not sure why you think you offended me. So no reason to apologize for your candor. I actually encourage it. Yes, I have read the majority of the posts and if you reread my initial post you would see that I stated I see the point you are trying to make and I agree with you to some extent. Have I insulted you? Sorry, your post has no relevance to what we were speaking about. I'm curious. Why hide behind a screen name?

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:44 PM

Django, you get "respect" when you stop disrespecting people.

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:42 PM

Django, trying to point to racism by being discriminatory yourself doesn't exactly help your case. Stop playing the victim on this page and accept the responsibility that if your generalize about white people (just like how you're angry that people generalize about blacks), people are going to call you out on it... It's not an "attack", it's called acknowledging reality.

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:40 PM

Agreed Edwin, Mr. Obama is an eloquent orator, I sir however I cant make such a claim, what I can and will do is return repect when respect is shown. Also let me take a moment to thank you for awakening me on the websit in which I post, andcfor whom may be observing... Nametsa

Franklin

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:38 PM

Django, starting with getting rid of the attacks and name calling would help. Are there racist aspects of Oak Park? Of course. And classist, homophobic, etc. I think it would do good to point out specifics. But your tactics are not working to expose that. Its just getting a couple of folks upset on an online comment page.

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:35 PM

I see you're having trouble writing with proper English... is the a result of your efforts (or lack of) in school? I'd recommend some tutoring, but I think intensive therapy maybe a more important first step, followed by anger management, and then education.

Django from oakkk parkkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:32 PM

Owe and edwin my dear brother if my candor offends, let me take this moment to beg your forgiveness; non-the-less I refuse to be insulted by those who have cause my people the greatest harm, it you follow this thread from it's birth, i mention white privilege; and the borage of attack begins,

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:32 PM

Django, I see you've resorted back to the racist "white boy" terminology again. This is typical when someone doesn't have the intellect to have a conversation. I have plenty of black friends, and they think you're delusional and racist too. I never threatened you, so why would you even say you are not "scared" of me? I see you're now onto discriminating against gay people, which is very ironic since you initially posed to stand up for a group of people who are marginalized. Do you understand?

Edwin Garcia from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:31 PM

Exactly Django. Don't forget who your audience is. You have to adapt to each to get your point across. Just look at President Obama. He speaks very differently in front blacks than he does whites. He knows his audience and leverages it every chance he gets.

Django from oakkk parkkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:25 PM

Edwin, perhaps it i expressed myself in a manner that's more suitable to whites I'd get my point across. If I were more articulate, and even toned; I would have more people side with me? Maybe I should lower my gaze, scratch my head, and say yés massŕ, would that be Harvard educated eniught fir

Edwin Garcia from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:11 PM

Django. I see the point you are trying to make. I work near 51st and Ashland, so I see it everyday!!! You are right about Oak Park as well to some extent. If you weren't so combative and wrote in an educated and professional manner, I believe you would have the discussion you seek. Instead, the "discussion" has evolved into pointless rhetoric.

Speedway from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 11:04 PM

At this point, I believe NO COMMENT is better than any further discussion.

Django from oakkk parkkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 10:50 PM

Back track, back track, I'm not intimidated by you or your tought, because I'm a,woman dont be confused please, and ... Speedy why want you say anthjng about them name calling... Owe its ok for white people...... So keep name call and i will hurt everbody feelings on this page... I will talk about your mother, your son, and your faggot ass Jesus... So lets name call

FYI

Posted: February 12th, 2013 10:48 PM

...You homo..."................... Attaboy, Django. Get all the bile out of your sick mind, son. Let 'er rip. Obviously not enough to insult Caucasians. Go after the gays too...........By the way, if you possessed the slightest bit of logic, you'd realize that the poor white folk who are scared of- what's your term? "niggaz"? How charming, in a self-loathing sort of way- anyways, those scared white folk you're referring to live a LOT further west of here.

Django from Oakkk Parkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 10:42 PM

White boy, i said i didn't hate you, but if you need to be hated, me and my nigga's are not affraid of you and your racist friends, oakkk, parkkk, and your mother and all yo friends are racisy you bout aint got no black friend, you bout is scared as hell of black people that's cwhy u livecin oakkk parkkk, u think want nobody attack yo scary... You homo

Speedway from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 10:14 PM

If you are probably over the age of 3, we all learn from our parents, our teachers (in school and out), and perhaps most of all our friends. Life experiences and the many biases we develope as we grow can be difficult to overcome and will require constant self-awareness to keep them in check. Not admitting to having bias allows for little learning potential in either side. Keep your minds open, keep trying and perhaps try a different track. Start by accepting that we all have our own biases.

Posted: February 12th, 2013 9:59 PM

OP, I entertain this conversation with Django because as the discourse develops, we can all see his or her ultra thin veneer of unsubstantiated and delusional logic deteriorate as he or she continues with this drivel.

Posted: February 12th, 2013 9:51 PM

Durango, you can back track and say you don't hate white people, but you rhetoric says otherwise. And yes you are spreading hate about me, but I happen to be a resident of Oak Park, as are a lot of my friends who are not racist, yet you freely generalise to ludacris extremes by stating Oak Park is racist. You are doing African Americans a disservice by spouting nonsense, and only making it harder for them to substantiate their arguments against real racists.

Jim Coughlin from Oak Park, Illinois

Posted: February 12th, 2013 6:00 PM

Speedway, this individual is obviously troubled even if this is a just a sick prank directed at Dan Haley and the Wednesday Journal. Calling for Chris Dorner to "kill them all" absolutely crosses the line. I guess the editor and his staff are too busy readying the paper for tomorrow but there's no valid reason that posts of this nature have not been. deleted. An explanation and apology are in order.I seriously doubt the print edition of the Wednesday Journal would ever feature such vile rhetoric. My opinion is that Django is not a person of color and instead is intent on presenting a false picture of a community member who's views are designed to alarm and disgust readers. Troll or not, this is not acceptable.

Speedway from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 4:49 PM

@FYI, Jim, Unc. Sen., Einstein and others. Your ethics and morals are amazing. Your patience unending. Django is acting the victim. He hasn't endured enough in OP so he is using everything else in the area, the country, and the world to further his own victimization. Django, I think it's a choice, you can continue to feel sorry about yourself or choose a more positive attitude. How can we help you?

FYI

Posted: February 12th, 2013 4:33 PM

"kill them all chriss..."......... You're not just a moron, Django. You're a raving psychotic. Please, donate your brain to science so we can figure people like you out some day.

Jim Coughlin from Oak Park, Illinois

Posted: February 12th, 2013 3:56 PM

Agree with you about the trolls but the Wednesday Journal has an obligation to the community to moderate this forum and delete posts that do not contribute to the public discourse. i simply cannot accept that no standards of conduct are being enforced. It is Dan Haley's call and he's allowing this to continue.

Django from Oakkk, Parkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 3:54 PM

Uncommen Sense... they got Christpher Dorner officers 2 down and wounded and there's a shot out.... pray for Chris.. cause white cops did him wrong.. now umcommen sense....... Why you calling me names.shall i talk about your mother, shall i call her names... or shall i talk abouty ou ugly ass kids....or you lovely wife.... he wants to die by cops... its a big shot out.. kill them all chriss

Uncommon Sense

Posted: February 12th, 2013 3:48 PM

Stop feeding the trolls. Seriously. When you respond to these idiots, all you do is further encourage them to post. It isn't like you are actually going to have an intelligent debate with him/her. It is obvious this Django is a troll looking to get a rise out of people. Just ignore him.

Einstein Bagel Brothers from Oak Park

Posted: February 12th, 2013 3:36 PM

Peeping Tom? I always thought it was called a "Pee Pee Tom"!

Djando from Oakkk Pakkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 3:32 PM

OP... you seem like a white gurl cheerleader.....with a skirt on ~JimCoughlin why you keep winning like a lil girl too....cant nobody stop, I'm a (N) word with an attitude.... what say you..... im scaring you... because i'm the (n) word on the horse...

Jim Coughlin

Posted: February 12th, 2013 3:19 PM

Really, Dan Haley? You're okay with allowing this public forum to be flooded with comments by someone who claims to be an African-American and posts nonsense that is inflammatory, racist, baseless and so poorly constructed it's laughable. The Wednesday Journal has received criticism in the past from people who demand that the race of suspects be provided in crime reports. These rants from the troubled individual indentifying themselves as Django are likely an attempt at payback. End it.

OP Transplant

Posted: February 12th, 2013 3:17 PM

"Django" - I'm not white, and I'm no cheerleader for the village. Unfortunately, you seem to be ill-informed and poorly educated. I also suspect that you're going to get in trouble if your mom gets home and catches you on the computer before your homework is finished, and I don't want that.

Django from Oakkk Parkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 3:01 PM

OP, and FYI.... you see how they sitting the side adding little things... but it upset you because its the truth Oakkk Parkkk is racist... and if FYI, Or OP wanna add 2cents bring it hommies

Django from Oakkk Parkkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:54 PM

Yes I saw Django, No I Do not Hate White People.seriously I hope when can get to place where we can all get alone, I have no room in me to harbor hate.But Because I see This Place as Oakkk Parkk thwe way i do then White people see that as Hate..have I said I Hate You? Have I said I wanna Beat up a White Person?, Have use any other words other then my perception.its my perception, I have said umma call all my friends and start a race riot.No I have not,We having a conversation.I do not hate you.

OP Transplant

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:52 PM

White Guy - I think you're getting sucked into a debate with a ten year old. "Terra Hope"? Really?

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:50 PM

I don't get upset when you call Oak Park racist, because I know for fact it's completely inaccurate. It's like calling McDonalds healthy. And the schools happen to be excellent for those who bother to try. Let me guess, you didn't do well in the schools here and now you're blaming it on the schools?

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:46 PM

Really Django? Name another place that is as racially, sexually, economically and religiously inclusive as Oak Park? There are very few places in Illinois, even the US, where all sort of people can come without the levels of segregation that happen in places like Chicago.

Django from Oakkk Parkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:44 PM

When it comes things of this nature White Guy i know it hurts to think Oakkk Parkkk, the place you love. to be called a racist town.. but it's truth.When was the last time you looked around and opened your eyes to really take a look. i know all the shops, all the stores, all the cops, the school suck, this Town Oakkk, Parkkk, is no better for black then Terra Hope Indiana, Home of the Superior Wizard of the KKK

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:42 PM

white people, just like those people that watched Django and went out and attacked any white people they saw, or that kids in Oak Park who went out and beat up a white kid (called him "white boy") because he was angry about the Trayvon Martin killing.

white guy

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:39 PM

judgements that are you have spun to voice your obvious hate of white people. To answer your question; the majority of the police in Chicago are white, and the majority of violent crime in the city is in black areas. We can discuss whether the police are racist etc... and in cases they are, but that is why the likely hood of black people being shot by white cops is much higher that the opposite... Now, I'm guess you watched "Django" (entertainment), and are now all pump up with hate against cont

Django from Oakkk Parkkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:37 PM

I'm not delusional, Oakkk Parkkk Pretends to be a place of inclusion but its no,t it's one of the most racist cities in the union.the thing with oak park they how to cover it up well, but i'm not neither are my brothers, we have to deal with you and your kind for years, and we are aware of the cover up....cont

FYI

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:35 PM

Hmmmm. Django doesn't seem to be responding, White guy. You wouldn't happen to be non-human, would you?

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:32 PM

Oak Park is probably the least racist, and most racially, economically, sexually and religiously diverse and "integrated" town in illinois. You want to experience towns that are racist? Go further west and north to those towns that are over 95% white and predominantly affluent, and see how inner city black youth are integrated into those communities - you'll come back thinking Oak Park is paradise. The thing with you is that you are reactionary, and you post ideologically motivated cont...

Posted: February 12th, 2013 2:25 PM

Django, it seems you're having a hard time understanding my posts - "struggles with race" was in reference to black people dealing with racism, not "white". When you make judgements on Oak Park being racist, and attach KKK to it, you should expect that people are going to call you out on it, because it's completely delusional. You believe YOU should be allowed to place discriminatory judgement on a place, but people should not be allowed address your discriminatory judgements? Well, I will cont.

Django from Oakkk, Parkkk

Posted: February 12th, 2013 8:36 AM

(struggles with race) Whn has a White Person ever struggled with race?and whn it come to using,(kkk) this is my view of o.p why you wanna judge me for this? O.P is Racist town,if we agree on institutional racsim is here why would think blacks commit more crime than white.. Wow. are aware of a term (D.W.B).. no i didn't so... When was the last time a black Police shot a white kid 50 times, never, so when you start talking to me abt kkk, , try being black for 1 moment

Posted: February 12th, 2013 12:59 AM

suffer more than whites from poverty, poor education, governmental services etc... before telling me my statement is "uneducated", maybe you should understand it and realize that I'm actually pointing towards institutionalized racism (which all racism is). You seem very comfortable generalizing about racism ("Oakkk Parkkk", "White boy" etc...) yet get upset when people call you out on your double standard. Your ideological use of race sadly and ironically minimizes true struggles with race.

Posted: February 12th, 2013 12:52 AM

Django, you're joking right? Have you even read the crime statistics in Chicago? Have you even researched the demographics based on crime? It doesn't look like it, because you'd see that the vast majority of crime in Chicago committed by black people. I'm completely aware of racism in "Amerikkka", so save your condescending rhetoric from someone else. Note, black people committing more crimes is not a judgement on black people, but an acknowledgement that black people in general cont...

FYI

Posted: February 11th, 2013 6:46 PM

Who says the guy was leering at women, STFRF? You have inside info?

Serial Tom from River Forest

Posted: February 11th, 2013 3:36 PM

Guys, guys, please calm down. We're missing the big picture here: Secretly leering at women through their windows is something that men of ALL races can enjoy! Unity!

Django from Oakkk Parkkk

Posted: February 11th, 2013 3:33 PM

@White guy now that's the most uneducated thing a person can say..Blacks do not committ more crimes than white people do, we are just sentenced harsher for the same crimes... Now to continue this dialoge we must admit some truths.. this country your united states of amerikkka, has used blacks for year as slaves and still do til this day, so please... Here's a great book to read.Mr. white guy.( The New Jim Crow & Mass Incarceration Racial profiling, criminalization, and mass incarceration of Afri

Django from Oak parkkk

Posted: February 11th, 2013 3:16 PM

@White guy now that's the most uneducayed thing a person can say... Blacks do not committ more crimes than white people do, we are just sentenced harsher for the same crimes... Now to continus thi dialoge we must admit so truth this country your united statesbof amerikkka, has used blacks for year as slave and still, so please... Here's a great book to read.. Mr. white guy... ( The New Jim Crow & Mass Incarceration Racial profiling, criminalization, and mass incarceration of African Americans a

Posted: February 11th, 2013 2:18 PM

Django, I understand racism is institutionally defined, and I also know that there are significantly more blacks in prison than whites. Significantly more blacks commit crimes than whites in the US, which is why there are more blacks in prison, but this makes sense relative to the poverty and low level education a majority of blacks experience. I'm not debating that blacks have had an unfair run historically, I'm talking about this specific case, which is not an example of racism.

FYI

Posted: February 11th, 2013 9:38 AM

@ Django from Oakpark... this guy is out of prison because he served his minimum amount of time and was paroled from a non-violent crime. There are 49,000 prisoners in IDOC in a system designed for 33,000, so they're not looking to keep anyone in longer than required by the courts. If you were paying attention, you'd know old white judges are giving out 3 year probations to black men for minor FELONIES to avoid adding to prison population. So called "white privilege" has NOTHING to do with this.

Matt on Madison

Posted: February 11th, 2013 9:18 AM

Yea the guys a creep and a serial peeper and maybe or maybe not deserves prison time. but with the overcrowding in cook county prisons if any of you really believe he should be locked up for any significant time you are mistaken. Sad but true.

Django from Oakpark

Posted: February 11th, 2013 9:08 AM

@ white guy... I apologize it was a typo, no direspect meant.but what im saying is truth, now you may want to argue the facts but they speak for,themself.1, historically blacks are locked up, longer, more, and for way less crimes then white, 2 to be a racist one needs power; historically whites have,had the power, so why is this hard for you to see, im not race baiting only the fact, had he meen a black peeping in folks window he'd be on his way to prison for home invasion, you cant see this

White "guy"

Posted: February 11th, 2013 12:33 AM

Django, I suppose you calling me white "boy" is suppose to be some talking down to me the use of a typical racial slur, but it makes more obvious your racist disposition. I would like to see anyone who deserves to be put in prison, in prison, regardless of race. You are the one who is making a racial judgement based on your own subjective opinions. If you want to make your case, provide some examples of a black person in the "exact" situation as this lowlife, receiving harsher punishment.

Mr. Borderman from Oak Park

Posted: February 8th, 2013 3:35 PM

Since the Oak Park Fathers and Mothers are busily turning Oak Park's retail spaces into nail salons, dental offices and myriad, loan companies, other trashy looking store fronts, who are to complain about North Avenue starting to look like Pottersville. After all, Oak Park is starting to look like an Addison, Illinois strip mall -- but without the ineffable charm.

Paddy Boy

Posted: February 6th, 2013 12:17 PM

Serial peeping tom? I hope he wasn't after me Lucky Charms!

Tom

Posted: February 6th, 2013 11:15 AM

Maybe he was just looking in the window to see if they needed any help? Why must we assume the worst of this upstanding citizen?

Posted: February 6th, 2013 12:28 AM

Django, what are you on about? Are you saying "white privilege" pushed him to become a peeping tom? Since you seem to be so comfortable generalizing about entire races of people, how would you generalize about "black crime"?

Spider

Posted: February 5th, 2013 10:41 PM

He almost looks like Bill Murray. In all seriousness, it's a good thing they got him off the streets. The guy needs serious help.

muriel Schnierow from Oak Park

Posted: February 5th, 2013 6:20 PM

i have a file full of cases of heinous crimes by parolees of all races and the tragic thing is that there is a test for psychopathy (the Hare PCL- R)which probably can be given to a perpetrator like this. is the next step rape, murder? No it is not funny.

Django from OakPark

Posted: February 5th, 2013 5:08 PM

White privilege isn't easy to understand. Books have been written about it. Lectures take an hour just to introduce it. Seminars and discussions provide some skills for recognizing it.But it takes practice?"probably a lifetime's worth?"to disentangle oneself from the habits and behaviors gained from centuries?"old systems and institutions. Why is he still on the street s???, owe he white...

Django from oakpark

Posted: February 5th, 2013 5:03 PM

Uncommon Sense

Posted: February 5th, 2013 4:56 PM

You'd think with the availability of internet porn, peeping tom's would be a thing of the past.

C

Posted: February 5th, 2013 4:56 PM

"peeping tom"? more like "creeping richard"...he should have to serve in jail naked so everyone can peep at his tom...

lol

Posted: February 5th, 2013 4:35 PM

For some reason, I find the idea of a peeping tom hilarious. Course, I wouldn't like getting peeped on...

Spider

Posted: February 5th, 2013 4:14 PM

He obviously wasn't there to inspect their meter.