In favor of concealed-carry signs

Opinion: Letters To The Editor

Count me in favor of concealed-carry signage laws. Every person carrying a concealed weapon should be required to wear a large sign announcing that fact, so I can stay well clear of said person.

Bob Stigger

Oak Park

J from Anywhere Near & Fear

Posted: March 5th, 2014 9:59 AM

Sounds as if Bob is for Open Carry of All Firearms. We agree on that. I think concealed firearms should be in the mix as well. Search engine search for ' guns saves lives ' and let us know what you think. Illinois could use more stories on the topic. Don't worry Bob, if you are robbed / carjacked at gunpoint, a concealed holder will still help you.

joe from south oak park

Posted: February 26th, 2014 4:41 PM

Bob - you sound like you could use a hug. If i see you I'll be more than happy to give you a big hug. That is unless, of course, if I'm carrying. Then no hugs. :(

Dominick Ahrens

Posted: February 26th, 2014 3:56 PM

We need a unique symbol that is easily identifiable from a distance. How about a 6 point yellow star? That certainly would be distinctive, and historically consistent with your attitude.

Henry Himmler

Posted: February 26th, 2014 3:56 PM

Or better yet Bob, we could just force all the gun owners to wear an emblem on their clothes (something tasteful) signifying that they are a gun owner. These gun owners are an inherently evil lot after all and the public should know who or what they are running into. I hear that some of them eat children.

Ray Simpson from Oak Park, Illinois

Posted: February 26th, 2014 8:56 AM

@ Wondering - it works for sworn law enforcement officers. I should dig around in the attic and see if I can find my Roy Rogers two holster set.

Wondering

Posted: February 26th, 2014 8:16 AM

So what you want is not concealed carry but open carry where the gun and holster are clearly visible on the persons belt. I could live with that.

Kevin from South Holland

Posted: February 25th, 2014 10:47 PM

That would be a violation of the 5th amendment rights of all the people carrying illegally. A better idea would be for everyone not carrying to wear a sign

Ray Simpson from Oak Park, Illinois

Posted: February 25th, 2014 10:30 PM

The wiser move would be to fear the guy who is carrying a gun without permit and with bad intent on his pea brain. The guy with the CC Permit knows if he is in a place that is posted, no guns, and something bad happens, he cannot intercede until he is personally in mortal danger. Your problems are yours alone to resolve. The CC Permit guy has been trained in not only shooting skills, but also the legal boundaries of lethal intervention.