Oak Park police arrested Marquell Strong, 28, of the 800 block of South Kedzie Avenue, Chicago, at 1:40 a.m. in the 1100 block of South Euclid on Feb. 11. Police report that Strong was seen entering a vehicle in 800 block of Fillmore and taking a Panasonic electric shaver and then fleeing westbound on Fillmore. Police tracked the footprints he allegedly left in the snow to the 1100 block of South Euclid, where Strong was found in another vehicle and in possession of the electric shaver. He was charged with burglary to a motor vehicle.
- A Chicago man was arrested for retail theft at Target, 1129 Lake St., at 10:30 a.m. on Feb. 15.
- A man between the ages of 30 and 39 took an AT&T prepaid LG Phoenix 3 cell phone off the counter at Walgreens, 6412 Roosevelt Rd., and left the store without paying at 3:15 p.m. on Feb. 15. He was last seen headed southbound on Ridgeland. The estimated loss is $64.
- A woman between the ages of 50 and 60 stole a yellow Hobo Wallet from a woman's cart at a business in the 400 block of North Harlem Avenue sometime between 4:45 and 5:15 p.m. on Feb. 12. The wallet contained cash, credit cards, insurance cards and identification. The estimated loss is $90.
- A man between the ages of 30 and 40 bumped into an Oak Park resident near the intersection of Oak Park Avenue and South Boulevard and grabbed the victim's black canvas shoulder bag, which contained a wallet with cash and miscellaneous credit cards. One of the credit cards was used shortly afterward at a Nordstrom Rack in Chicago. The estimated loss is $522. The thief was described as black, 5-foot-10, 180 pounds, and wearing a black puffy jacket. The incident occurred sometime between 11:15 and 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 13.
- A man stole miscellaneous credit cards, Medicare and insurance cards from a Park Ridge resident's purse at Mancini's Italian Bistro, 1111 Lake St., at 5:45 p.m. on Feb. 13. A woman then used the credit cards to purchase gift cards at Target. The estimated loss is $2,171.
- Someone stole an unattended iPad from the spa desk on the third floor of Fitness Formula Club, 1114 Lake St., sometime between 9 and 10 p.m. on Feb. 8.
- A Chicago resident who met with a man about selling an iPhone 6 was the victim of theft at 1:50 p.m. on Feb. 20. The victim met with the offender at Salerno's Pizza, 7128 W. Roosevelt Rd., and the thief took the phone and fled. The estimated loss is $200.
- A resident of the Oak Park Arms, 408 S. Oak Park Ave., was the victim of theft sometime between 9 p.m. on Feb. 5 and 8 a.m. on Feb. 10. The thief removed the victim's room key by unknown means and took a black leather wallet containing identification cars, a debit card and cash. The estimated loss is $56.
Criminal damage to property
- Someone threw a small landscaping stone and damaged the basement window of a residence in the 700 block of North Linden Avenue, sometime between 7 p.m. on Feb. 9 and 8 p.m. on Feb. 14.
- The rear tires to a vehicle were damaged in the 1200 block of North Harlem Avenue sometime between 5 and 10 p.m. on Feb. 10. The estimated loss is $150. Another vehicle in the same block had three tires damaged sometime between 5 p.m. on Feb. 9 and 9 a.m. on Feb. 11.
A residence was burglarized in the 200 block of Iowa sometime between 6:30 and 8:40 p.m. on Feb. 14. The burglar entered the residence through a rear window and stole a 42-inch TV, a white leather jewel box containing a Tiffany bracelet and necklace, along with other miscellaneous jewelry. They also ransacked a backpack in the kitchen, a cabinet in the dining room and all the rooms on the second floor. The estimated loss is $3,400.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, Feb. 5-20, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|