Oak Park police assist in capture of three shooting suspects

Three men caught after a chase down the Eisenhower Expressway

Updated:

By Devin Rose

Three men suspected of being involved in a shooting were apprehended with the help of Oak Park police after a pursuit on the Eisenhower Expressway.

Chicago police officers heard shots in the area of Central Park Avenue and Roosevelt Road shortly after 9 p.m., Nov. 30, according to Chicago Police News Affairs. They saw a white minivan, which was reported stolen, matching the description of a vehicle wanted in a shooting and pursued the vehicle on the Eisenhower Expressway.

The suspects jumped out of the van near the Harlem Avenue exit on the expressway, police said, and were chased on foot up the exit ramp until they were apprehended by officers.

An Oak Park resident who lives nearby, said he observed a large number of police cars clustered at Harlem Avenue and Jackson Boulevard.

The victim of the shooting was a 21-year-old man, who was wounded in the leg, police said. He was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in Chicago and listed in serious condition.

Charges are pending against the suspects, who are in custody. Illinois State Police also assisted Chicago officers.

ref

Posted: December 2nd, 2011 8:21 AM

Q, I see. And to a certain degree, I agree. But the WJ does have a tendency to get things wrong (sorry, Dan.) My favorite one, when I first moved here, was an account of the Memorial Day parade in River Forest, featuring veterans from the "Baton Death March." Really? Baton? There were majorettes in a death march?

OP Guy

Posted: December 2nd, 2011 12:38 AM

Well done OPPD! Keep the human waste off the streets and in their rightful place.

Q from Oak Park

Posted: December 1st, 2011 6:34 PM

ref, what I just did was read what I wrote after I posted it and it is wrong. Since I don't have the ability to correct it like she should be able to, I will correct it in this post. What I meant to say is if the W.J. is expecting more than they are getting, there is another newbie biting on the bit for an opportunity to prove their worth.

Q from Oak Park

Posted: December 1st, 2011 6:29 PM

ref, this is not her first time at making mistakes. If she is overworked and the W.J. wants more stories and less quality, then she is doing very well. If they expect her to turn out blurbs with a minimum of mistakes, then they are getting their monies worth and there is a newbie chopping at the bit waiting in line.

ref

Posted: December 1st, 2011 5:34 PM

ack, meant "criticize someone for making mistakes." See what I meant about the gods hating hubris?

ref

Posted: December 1st, 2011 5:33 PM

Dude. Everyone makes mistakes. Even proofreaders. Ease up. And when you criticize someone's spelling, you might want to be careful, because the spelling gods hate hubris.

Q from Oak Park

Posted: December 1st, 2011 5:13 PM

ref, I'm not a college educated journalist working for a newspaper who has won several accolades. I would think when the W.J. decided to hire her, they were expecting more out of a college educated journalist, but maybe the qualifications have gone done. ref, I tried to learn the correct well of writing from writers, so if I didn't know the difference, of could thougt she'd be write.

ref

Posted: December 1st, 2011 3:55 PM

Q, you might want to check your own spelling.

Paul Clark

Posted: December 1st, 2011 1:28 PM

Oak Park -- a village of broad lawns and narrow expressways.

Q from Oak Park

Posted: December 1st, 2011 1:22 PM

"Oak Park police helped apprehend of three men" Devin, you write for the W.J. a newspaper in the same town of Ernest Hemmingway. Go back and correct mistakes.

sarge311

Posted: December 1st, 2011 12:58 PM

Way to go Oak Park Police! Job well done! I'm surprised the chicago police were even IN Chicago since they spend all of their time here in Oak Park.

Mares from River Forest

Posted: December 1st, 2011 12:57 PM

Great work by the OPPD ! I guarantee these thugs did not have a FOID card, nor where they armed with licensed firearms. THUGZ KILL

GUNZ KILL

Posted: December 1st, 2011 12:45 PM

Nice work OPPD. Now get these guns off the streets .

Find a garage sale near you!