Saying that police and school officials "do not believe there is any credible threat," OPRF officials e-mailed parents late Monday evening to inform them a written "bomb threat" had been found by custodians on a boys' bathroom wall in the school.
While security was to be heightened through the night and into Tuesday, the notice, from Principal Nathaniel Rouse, said, "there is no indication of any need to cancel any regularly scheduled activities. This alert is for informational purposes only."
The threat was found Monday evening by the janitorial staff and referenced Tuesday evening. School officials called in Oak Park police who began an investigation. The two paragraph notice from Rouse said OPRF staff will continue to check the building thoroughly and added that police presence will be in place Tuesday.
Answer Book 2016
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2016 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|