Because of a Wednesday Journal production error in the transfer of a file, five names of local residents were incompletely listed in a political ad on Page 10 of this week's Wednesday Journal. We regret not catching the misspellings.
Among the supporters of Pamela McLean Meyerson, who is running for judge in the 11th subcircuit of Cook County, are Cindy Milojevic, Adekunle Onayemi, Carolyn Newberry Schwartz, Henderson Yarbrough and Karen Yarbrough.
Meyerson is one of six Oak Parkers among 13 candidates for the seat on the Cook County bench vacated last year when Barbara Riley retired. The other five Oak Parkers in this race are Eugene Berkes, Thomas Bilyk, Ann Finley Collins, Steven Fruth and Pamela Leeming. In the Feb. 2 election, they are competing with three Chicagoans, two residents of Elmwood Park and two residents of Park Ridge.
This is a race in which Wednesday Journal is not making an endorsement, but it is one of the races we will be following on Tuesday and covering on www.WednesdayJournalOnline.com.
Following are our news stories on Oak Parkers in this race, letters of supports we've received on Oak Parkers in the race, and resources provided by the League of Women Voters on ways to evaluate judicial candidates.
- Bilyk cares about community
- Leeming truly cares about people
- Leeming has the experience
- Ann Finley Collins qualified to serve
- Meyerson: A listener and a hockey mom, too
- Meyerson a creative leader
- Meyerson: Intelligent and dedicated
- Meyerson: Unquestionable integrity
- Fruth: One of the good guys in politics
- Fruth: Deeply vested in community
- Fruth: Dedicated to excellence
- Meyerson served well with Festival Theatre
- County needs Fruth as judge
- Fruth gets it right
- Ann Finley Collins 'outstanding'
- Collins highly qualified judge
- Former Oak Park clerks support Steven Fruth
- Pam Meyerson for judge in 11th subcircuit