Oak Park, IL – Recent publicity has presented a one dimensional portrait of the Austin community. In order to help us to get a better understanding of our neighbors and learn how we can meaningfully partner with them, the Oak Park-River Forest Community of Congregations will convene a panel of community activists at our first Community Meeting this fall.
The following individuals and organizations will participate:
- Austin Coming Together (ACT) - Rev. Reginald Bachus, Executive Director
- Bethel New Life - Edward Coleman, VP, Community Economic Development
- Central Austin Neighborhood Association (CANA) - Serethia Reid, President
- Chicago Police and Firefighters Training Program - Lieut. Frank Brim
- Circle Family Health Care Network - Dr. André Hines, Chief Executive Officer
- Cluster Tutoring Program - Kathryn McCabe, Executive Director
- 8th District State Representative – Rep. La Shawn K. Ford
- Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry—Michele Zurakowski, Executive Director
- Prevail (formerly The Walk-in Ministry) - Christy Harris, Executive Director
- West Suburban P.A.D.S - Lynda Schueler, Executive Director
The program will be on Monday, September 30 at 7:30 p.m. at Ascension Catholic Church, 808 S. East Ave. in Oak Park.
Find a garage sale near you!
In search of local garage sales? Find out what sales are happening near you on our map and listing page.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|