By Shawn Gilley
Contributed by Loyola University Health System
Four Oak Park and River Forest residents and Loyola University Health System physicians are ranked in the top 1 percent of physicians in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. They are:
- Kathy Albain, MD, Medical Oncology, Oak Park
- Terry R. Light, MD, Hand Surgeon, Oak Park
- Sucha Nand, MD, Hematologist, Oak Park
- Paul J. O'Keefe, MD, Infectious Disease Specialist, River Forest
U.S. News and World Report compiled the list in collaboration with Castle Connolly Medical Ld., a leader in healthcare research and information. They assembled the list through peer nominations from physicians across the nation. The research team then reviewed each nominee's training, achievements and appointments, among other credentials.
Loyola has 98 physicians named to U.S. News and World Report Top Doctors list and 34 of those physicians are in the top 1 percent in the nation in his or her specialty.
Additional Loyola physicians and their specialty named in the top 1 percent are:
- Elaine Adams, MD, Rheumatology
- Gerard Aranha, MD, Surgeon
- Mamdouh Bakhos, MD, Heart Surgeon
- James Berman, MD, Pediatric Gastroenterologist
- Richard Besinger, MD, Perinatologist
- Joseph Clark, MD, Medical Oncologist
- Bahman Emami, MD, Radiation Oncologist
- Mary Ann Emanuele, MD, Endocrinologist
- Patrick J. Fahey, MD, Pulmonologist
- Robert Flanigan, MD, Urologist
- Richard L. Gamelli, MD, Surgeon
- Ellen Gaynor, MD, Medical Oncologist
- Howard Greisler, MD, Vascular Surgeon
- T.S. Gunasekaran, MD, Pediatric Gastroenterologist
- Joel T. Hardin, MD, Pediatric Cardiologist
- Alain Heroux, MD, Cardiologist
- Andrew J. Hotaling, MD, Otolaryngologist
- Thomas John, MD, Ophthalmologist
- John Leonetti, MD, Otolaryngologist
- Robert Love, MD, Heart Surgeon
- Ricarchito Manera, MD, Pediatric Hematologist/Oncologist
- John F. Moran, MD, Cardiologist
- Jonathan Muraskas, MD, Neonatologist
- Michael S. Pinzur, MD, Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Ronald K. Potkul, MD, Gynecologic Oncologist
- Donna M. Smith, MD, Gynecologic Oncologist
- James Stankiewicz, MD, Otolaryngologist
- Patrick Stiff, MD, Hematologist
- Martin Tobin, MD, Pulmonologist
- David J. Wilber, MD, Cardiac Elctrophysiologist
Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, a part of the Loyola University Health System, had 23 doctors named to the list and two were also among the top 1 percent: Herand Abcarian, MD, Colon and Rectal Surgeon, and Lloyd W. Klein, MD, Cardiologist.
Find a garage sale near you!
In search of local garage sales? Find out what sales are happening near you on our map and listing page.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|