|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
By Melissa Ford
Many parents, who have children struggling with a mental illness, feel isolated and at loss for where to turn for help. When faced with challenge after challenge, questions continually surface such as: How can I get help for my child? What options are available? What support groups can offer information and peace of mind? Where can I get the latest information to better support my child?
That’s where the Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township comes in, offering Oak Park and River Forest residents the Network of Care website, loaded with the following information:
- Comprehensive services database covering addiction recovery, crisis and emergency services, housing and shelter, and more
- Online library with over 30,000 fully vetted articles, fact sheets, and reports
- Federal and state legislative bill-tracking section updated daily
- Insurance information links to low-cost insurance and private insurance websites
- Support and advocacy organizations
- Social Network of Care for consumers, family members, professional groups or service providers - where you can network with your peers online and get connected
- Links to local, state, and national websites on governmental programs and non-profit organizations specializing in mental health issues
As the CMHB states on its website:
Regardless of where you begin your search for assistance with behavioral health issues, the Network of Care helps you find what you need - it helps ensure that there is "No Wrong Door" for those who need services. This website can greatly assist in our efforts to protect our greatest human asset - our beautiful minds.
Use Network of Care website as your go-to-resource or contact the Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township directly at 708.358.8855 for further assistance.