|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
By Melissa Ford
There are times when I open my mouth and I’m amazed at the things I say that sound just like my mother! It isn’t so funny, until. . .
I stumbled upon a YouTube video called The Mum Song. For 3.12 minutes you’ll hear favorite phrases every mother has spoken. I polled a couple of friends and we started the list below.
- Cry! I’ll give you something to cry about
- Don’t bleed on the carpet
- Because I said so. . .
- You’re getting a little big for your britches
- Don’t give me that lip!
- Were you raised in a barn?
- How many times do I have to tell you?
- If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you . . .
What do you remember your mom saying to you (even if you tried to block it out)? Add your favorites and let’s keep this list growing. . .
Hire Local for FREE!
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Photo store||Contact us|
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|