Tickets are going fast – there were 15 left as of Friday afternoon – for the #CauseAScene Conference on Saturday, May 19, at Tapster Robotics, 224 Harrison St. in Oak Park.
The conference, organized by tech speaker Kim Crayton, runs from 5:30 to 10 p.m. and will address topics such as mid-career survival tips for people of color and how to find marginalized workers in the tech industry.
Crayton told Wednesday Journal that the conference focuses on inclusion and diversity from an economic and business standpoint.
"White people cannot create products and services for a global market from one perspective," Crayton said.
The remaining 15 tickets are have been donated for the event for those interested in attending. They are available by contacting Crayton through Twitter at @kimcrayton1 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference includes the following speakers:
- Byron Woodfork (@byronwoodfork): Mid-Career Survival Tips for POC Developers
- Kim Crayton (@KimCrayton1): Inclusion Q&A
- Mark Thompson (@marktechson): Building An App In 30 Days...And Launching
- Shareef Jackson (@ShareefJackson): Teaching How Video Games Reflect Society
- Stephanie Slattery (@sublimemarch): Thanks But No Thanks: My Life with Disordered Eating in Tech
- Tanya Killmonger (@cypheroftyr): Google Exists, Stop Asking Us To Find POC, Queer, Disabled, and Other Folks For You
- Theresa Stewart (@atheresastewart): Designed to Traumatize
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|