|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
- Gestation time for rabbits is 30 days. Baby bunnies should stay with their mother for 6-8 weeks for the best development and socialization skills. Rabbits can reach sexual maturity at 4 months of age, which is why it is important to have your rabbit(s) spayed/neutered around that time.
- Rabbits love to chew on electric cords—be sure to cover any exposed cords with PVC pipes or other cords covers. Provide your bunny with appropriate things to chew on; toys, wooden blocks (made especially for rabbits), paper, old phone books, cardboard (empty paper towel or toilet paper rolls) and hay.
- By spaying/neutering your bunny, they will not develop cancers of the reproductive organ. (Up to 80% of female rabbits that are not spayed can develop uterine cancer.)
- The ideal room temperature for a rabbit is 60-70 degrees, with low humidity.
- Bunnies love lightweight toys that can be picked up and tossed around. Children’s plastic keys on a ring are a good choice. A cardboard box turned upside down with a hole cut out of one side makes a great hiding hole as well as something fun to chew!
Hire Local for FREE!
Post help wanted ads for FREE on the our local online job board.
Click here to place your ad
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Photo store||Contact us|
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|