|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
- Gestation time for rabbits is 30 days. Baby bunnies should stay with their mother for 6-8 weeks for the best development and socialization skills. Rabbits can reach sexual maturity at 4 months of age, which is why it is important to have your rabbit(s) spayed/neutered around that time.
- Rabbits love to chew on electric cords—be sure to cover any exposed cords with PVC pipes or other cords covers. Provide your bunny with appropriate things to chew on; toys, wooden blocks (made especially for rabbits), paper, old phone books, cardboard (empty paper towel or toilet paper rolls) and hay.
- By spaying/neutering your bunny, they will not develop cancers of the reproductive organ. (Up to 80% of female rabbits that are not spayed can develop uterine cancer.)
- The ideal room temperature for a rabbit is 60-70 degrees, with low humidity.
- Bunnies love lightweight toys that can be picked up and tossed around. Children’s plastic keys on a ring are a good choice. A cardboard box turned upside down with a hole cut out of one side makes a great hiding hole as well as something fun to chew!
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|