By Melissa Ford
Come out with your family on Sunday, April 17th from 1:30 - 4:30 to experience “An Afternoon of Jazz” at FitzGerald’s Night Club, 6615 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn AND. .
Experience jazz at it’s finest:
* Jazz ensembles and student musicians from Beye School, Julian and Brooks Middle Schools and OPRF High School and featured guests:
* Joel and Susie Raney, well-known Chicago musicians and River Forest residents will be performing. Susie is a cabaret artist of national distinction, performing for President Carter, and winner of the Joseph Jefferson Award for “Best Supporting Actress in a Musical,” Pumpboys and Dinettes. Joel is a pianist, composer and music producer. He writes and produces music for television at his Chicago Production company and studio, CATFISH MUSIC.
* Chris Weller, an OPRF jazz ensemble alum and now playing professionally in Chicago and Boston and supports PING! by giving private lessons to a young PING! sax player.
Support local student musicians:
* PING! (Providing Instruments for the Next Generation), a volunteer-run organization providing band and orchestra instruments and music enrichment to low-income 4th - 12th grade students in School Districts 90, 97, and 200. This year over 150 students are participating in band or orchestra due to PING! support.
- Tickets are $10 for adults, $25 for families and $5 for students. Bring a band or orchestra instrument to donate to PING! and your family attends for free. There will be a cash bar and you may order food from Wishbone. Doors open at 1 pm.
- For more information visit www.pingoprf.org
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|