COURTESY OF VILLAGE OF OAK PARK
Historic landmarks in Oak Park, Illinois, are at least 50 years old and have some historical, cultural, architectural or engineering significance. Any of the following criteria may be used to determine historic landmark eligibility:
• Significance in the development of Oak Park,
the State of Illinois or the United States.
• Site of an historic event.
• Closely identified with a significant historical
figure, architect, designer, etc.
• Listed by the Village as a significant structure
in one of the historic districts.
• Distinguishing characteristics or distinctive
design elements of a significant architectural
or engineering type.
• Representative of an architectural, cultural,
economic, historical or social style or period.
• Identified on the Village's official inventory of
View Oak Park Historic Landmarks in a larger map
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|