COURTESY OF OAK PARK PUBLIC LIBRARY
Oak Park, IL – December is the annual membership drive for the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that has raised funds to support library programs and services since 1948. Annual tax-deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. Funds raised help bring Oak Park an Annual Book Fair, the Barbara Ballinger Lecture, and the Writers at Wright lecture series, offered in collaboration with The Book Table, Midwest Media and Unity Temple Restoration Foundation.
New this year, a Friends' 2014 membership at any level provides early/free admission to the group's Annual Book Fair, typically held the first weekend in August. Memberships and benefits are listed here:
- Patron ($25-49): Get early/free admission to the Annual Book Fair.
- Donor ($50-99): Be listed in the library's annual report and get early/free admission to the Annual Book Fair.
- Benefactor ($100-499): Receive priority seating at Friends events, and all benefits listed above.
- Sustaining ($500-999): Be named on a bookplate in a library volume, and all benefits listed above.
- Scoville Circle ($1,000+): Be recognized on a library plaque, enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Main Library, and all benefits listed above.
"We are grateful for the Friends and their continued support," said Oak Park Public Library Executive Director David Seleb. "In 2013, members' generosity helped support '20,000 Reads Under the Sea,' the library's community-wide summer reading program for all ages, adaptive technology upgrades at the Main Library for visitors with visual and hearing impairments, and refreshed furnishing for children and adults in all three library buildings."
Friends' paper membership applications are available at all three libraries. Completed applications with cash or check can be dropped off at any library location, or mailed to:
Friends of the Oak Park Public Library
P.O. Box 3655
Oak Park, Illinois 60303-3655
Annual membership applications with Visa, Mastercard or Discover payment are available online at oppl.org/friends.
Answer Book 2016
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2016 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|