By John Hubbuch
1. The Republicans just can't seem to figure out how a Muslim Socialist who was born in Africa was re-elected President of the United States.
2. In this regard the GOP seriously under-estimated Obama's support from Muslims and socialists. I'm sure exit polls will confirm this.
3. Never under-estimate the power of fear in an election. Republican efforts to use election fraud as tool to diminish the black vote backfired. Not only did the strategy fail to reduce black voters, but it enflamed the voters to turn out in even greater numbers. Similiarly Hispanic voters fearing deportation from a Romney administration turned out in huge numbers for the President.
4. Donald Trump is so over the top that he must have some hidden agenda, perhaps a new show 'America's Craziest Billionaire."
5. the pundits miss an important point: many voters prefer person to politics. Obama got a lot of votes because people like him and his life's narrative. He's a young guy with kids who follows sports and plays basketball. By contrast Romney came across as a rich country club tool . See Judge Smails in Caddy Shack. Or Ted Baxter.
6. Romney's best speech was his last one.
7. The Republican post-election whine reminds me of the losing team in youth sports: the refs cheated, the field was bumpy, the other team had illegal players, my shoes were slippery, it was windy, etc., ad naseum. No. You just got beat.
8. I am so glad this election is over. Praise be to Allah!
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|