By Melissa Ford
Last year 971 households (representing 2200 family members, senior citizens and single adults) received food gift certificates and holiday gifts from the Holiday Food and Gift Basket program (HFGB). With our current economy, the numbers could likely increase and HFGB is asking for your participation.
Help make someone’s holiday special by your generous support; here’s how:
- Sponsor a family: E-mail email@example.com or call 708-771-6159 (x244). Give us your name, address, phone number and the size family or number of seniors or single adults you’d like to sponsor. We’ll mail you all the information you need for shopping and dropping off gifts to us in December. (Please let the phone ring several times before you get to voicemail.)
- Financial contributions are ALWAYS welcome: Please make checks out to Holiday Food and Gift Basket. These monetary donations help defray the cost of food gift certificates. Please mail checks to: HFGB, P.O. Box 3365, Oak Park IL 60303-3365
- Volunteer: Whether it's organizing gift bags beginning December 3rd at United Lutheran Church in Oak Park and/or deliverying gifts on Saturday, December 10th, HFGB needs volunteers. Please let HFGB know by phone or e-mail if you can help.
In return, HFGB guarantees you will:
- Experience the joy of giving and be filled with the spirit of love!
- Create a wonderful family tradition of giving to others less fortunate.
- Be a part of a strong, caring community that supports all of its members.
- Witness the power of many and connect with others.
Answer Book 2016
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2016 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|