COURTESY OF AMERICAN LAND TITLE ASSOCIATION
Washington, D.C., October 25, 2013 — The American Land Title Association (ALTA), the national trade association of the land title insurance industry, announced that Frank Pellegrini has been appointed to its Board of Governors for the 2013-2014 year.
Pellegrini, who has practiced law and been in the title insurance industry since 1976, formed Oak Park, Ill.-based Prairie Title in 1983 with his wife, Mary.
"I am excited to collaborate with the entire board to promote the many ways in which the title industry meets the needs and interests of homeowners," Pellegrini said. "It is an honor to serve on the board of an association committed to explaining the value of title insurance, and I look forward to working on the many challenges that lay ahead for our industry."
The 11-member ALTA Board of Governors is responsible for creating association policy, managing the financial health of the association and ensuring the overall welfare of the association.
Pellegrini served as ALTA's president in 2012-2013. Beyond serving on various ALTA committees, Pellegrini has been very involved with the Illinois Land Title Association, serving as its president from mid-2004 until mid-2005.He continues to be actively involved in the work of the association through various committees. On the local level, Pellegrini has served as president of the Business and Civic Council of Oak Park since the organization's inception in 2004, as a director of the Oak Park and River Forest Chamber of Commerce from 1991 to 1997 and as its president from 1995 to 1997, as general counsel for the Oak Park Development Corporation as well as on its loan committee (1993 – 1999), and participates in various other volunteer community projects and activities. Pellegrini is a member of the American, Illinois and Chicago Bar associations, the West Suburban Bar Association and the Justinian Society of Lawyers.
"Frank's knowledge, experience and skills will be vital to our efforts to promote the importance of the title industry," said Michelle Korsmo, chief executive officer of ALTA. "We are fortunate to have someone with Frank's perspective and proven dedication on our board to help guide ALTA's strategic vision and goals."
Members of ALTA's 2013-2014 Board of Governors are:
- President: Rob Chapman (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- President-Elect: Diane Evans (Denver, Colorado)
- Treasurer: Peter Birnbaum (Chicago, Illinois)
- Chair of Finance Committee: Bill Burding (Santa Ana, California)
- Agents Section Chair: Dan Mennenoh (Galena, Illinois)
- Agents Section Representative: Cynthia Blair (Columbia, South Carolina)
- Agents Section Representative: Brian Pitman (Austin, Texas)
- Underwriters Section Chair: John Hollenbeck (Santa Ana, California)
- Underwriters Section Representative: Steven Day (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Underwriters Section Representative: Stewart Morris Jr. (Houston, Texas)
- Immediate Past President: Frank Pellegrini (Oak Park, Illinois)
Hire Local for FREE!
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|