By Melissa Ford
Instead of traveling from preschool to preschool to find that perfect “fit” for your child, travel to Parenthesis Preschool Fair! Most preschools start their registration process this month for next fall so NOW is the time to get your ducks in a row and find out what program is best suited for your child.
You’ll have the opportunity to meet with representatives from 28 preschools in the Oak Park, River Forest, and Forest Park area and get answers to all your questions. I asked Kathy Kern, Executive Director of Parenthesis, for recommendations on helpful questions to consider asking. Kathy suggests:
- What is the educational background of staff?
- What are the teachers’ approaches to discipline?
- What curriculum is used?
- Are children given choices in their activities?
- What are the expected daily routines?
- Are there staff on site trained in first aid?
- What arrangements are made when teachers are sick?
- Can parents visit at any time?
There is no advance sign up so just show up to Parenthesis Family Center, 405 S. Euclid Ave., Oak Park from 7 - 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 13th. There is a small fee to attend: $5/individual or $8/family (please no children). If you have any questions, you can contact Kathy Kern at (708) 848-2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, check out www.parenthesis-info.org and click on “Preschool Fair” for more information.
Hire Local for FREE!
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|