PART-TIME DIR OF FINANCE & ADMIN
Not-for-profit in Oak Park, IL is seeking a part-time Director of Finance and Administration (20-25 hours per week). Position includes: maintaining all financial and personnel information in QuickBooks, ensuring company is adherence with GAAP and managing the office IT, leases and insurance, coordinating the development of budgets and financial reporting for the Board and State Grant budgeting needs, processing payroll and administering benefits for a six person office. $35-$45 DOE
FUNCTIONS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Perform all tasks relating to accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations.
B. Ensure that Bureau is in compliance with standard accounting and operating procedures as established by the Finance Committee including adequate division of responsibilities.
C. Oversee financial operations and inventory counts of the Visitor Center.
D. Read and understand the Grant and contractual requirements with the State and municipalities. Under the direction of President & CEO, produce invoices for these as needed.
E. Produce budget and financial reports as needed as they relate to required State Grant quarterly and annual reporting in conjunction with President & CEO.
F. Monitor and inform the President & CEO of the need for adjustments to various budgets and provide financial projections as needed.
G. Manage the employee benefits and relationships with respective vendors and agents.
H. Process payroll and track timekeeping through online payroll software (we currently use ADP) and prepare annual audit schedules for workers compensation insurance for the Bureau.
I. Work with external accounting firm or state auditors to prepare work papers for annual financial audit, grant audits and tax returns.
J. Prepare monthly reports and coordinate agenda for Finance Committee meetings along with the Chair of the Finance Committee and President & CEO.
K. Along with President & CEO and Finance Committee, manage banking relationships and cash needs as well as overseeing the need for and use of loans and lines of credit.
L. Performing other specific tasks as assigned by the President & CEO or Bureau Board.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION
• Strong background in Finance and Human Resources required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or 5+ years of relevant experience
• High attention to detail, accuracy and proficiency with numbers
• Knowledge of best practices for financial recordkeeping
• Proficient in using QuickBooks, Excel and Microsoft suite
• Extensive experience preparing budgets and projections and maintaining budgets and projections in Excel and QuickBooks (5+ years)
• Experience budgeting and tracking personnel related costs
• Willingness to collaborate with a small office staff and Board
• Experience processing payroll and managing timekeeping through online software
• Comfortable managing IT consultant and knowledge of IT best practices
• Experience managing office and equipment leases and contracts
• Interest in economic development and tourism (preferred)
• Prior experience with the management of State Grants, filing and reporting requirements (preferred)
• Understanding of Non-profit accounting needs (preferred)
• Prior experience preparing for audits and corporate tax returns (preferred)
• Knowledge of State of Illinois Sales and Use Tax rules (preferred)
• Familiarity with retail POS systems (preferred)
• Experience performing inventory counts (preferred)
If qualified send resume and cover letter to: visitoakparkIL@gmail.com $35-$45 hourly DOE
Answer Book 2017
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2017 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|