A community of catholic priests and brothers (The Claretians) located in the Oak Park neighborhood is looking for a Household Cook. The number of residents in this large home typically averages 6 to 10 at any given time. The Household Cook is responsible for the operation and organization of the kitchen and all food-related activities, including the planning, shopping, preparation and serving of food following a fresh and healthy eating plan with some special dietary needs. Equally important is the ability to maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, dining room and other food service areas with high standards of sanitation and hygiene. A positive and welcoming demeanor that creates a pleasant experience for the Community Members and guests is key to a successful Household Cook.
The ideal person for this job must be dependable and enjoy dealing with aging seniors. A strong comfort level in dealing with and being in a religious environment is also necessary. Qualifications and skills needed to successfully fulfill this position include:
• Vocational school training in related field and or 3 years hands-on experience is required.
• Understanding and proven ability to research, recommend and prepare health conscience meals with some dietary restrictions.
• Understanding and ability to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in the food service areas.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must have own vehicle for shopping with valid driver’s license and insurance.
• Ability to adhere to budgets and contain costs as directed.
• Ability to adhere to strict time schedules.
• Ability to independently shop, unload, carry and store groceries/cooking utensils.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time. Cleaning of the food service areas requires frequent bending, kneeling and prolonged use of both hands.
This immediate, full-time opportunity offers excellent company benefits including paid vacation/sick time/holidays and group medical/dental insurance. Salary is based on experience and proven track record.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume with references and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to 312-768-4109.
Answer Book 2016
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2016 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|